PDA

View Full Version : Meehan's Pre-Memphis Blog

ZagNative
01-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Wow. His blog is mostly about Memphis, but the lead, to me, should be this:

--GU assistant Ray Giacoletti was at the game where Bulldog recruit Grant Gibbs, a senior at Linn-Mar High in Iowa, was hurt after taking a hard fall following a dunk. Gibbs suffered a fractured wrist and had nine stitches on a cut near his eye. Giacoletti was at the hospital with Gibbs until 2 a.m.
Gosh, I hope he was able to offer comfort and support to Grant. Amazing that he happened to be there, for that game.

The rest of the blog is here (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/archive/?postID=6955).

BobZag
01-24-2008, 03:04 PM
For some reason, I'm glad Ray was there. It's comforting.

ZagNative
01-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I'd love to hear more about it and whether Coach Giacoletti was able to talk to Grant and what he said, but I suspect that he might consider it confidential, at least until later, when all this is history and Grant is fully recovered.

Robzagnut
01-24-2008, 03:38 PM
>I'd love to hear more about it and whether Coach Giacoletti was able to talk to Grant and what he said,

"You know the guy that busted you up? We're going to help another WCC team recruit him, so you can light him up for 30 twice a year for the next four years."

ZagNative
01-24-2008, 03:45 PM
>I'd love to hear more about it and whether Coach Giacoletti was able to talk to Grant and what he said,

"You know the guy that busted you up? We're going to help another WCC team recruit him, so you can light him up for 30 twice a year for the next four years."
That would be pretty darned near perfect, Robzagnut! :lmao: