PDA

View Full Version : Meech Update

htownzagfan
01-24-2008, 07:03 AM
Sorry fellas - guess I've been slacking a bit on the Meech update - so here's what happened vs Tomball: Tomball is a very very solid playoff team and probably the 3rd team in the district and they didnt disappoint as they were ready to defend their home court vs Klein Collins...however early in the first quarter Meech missed a couple of shots (went in and out) and the Tomball student section started chanting "Overrated!Overrated!" As I said before, if there is one thing that Meech Goodson is - its a competitor! The kid loves to be challenged and hates to lose - so how did Meech respond with 21 points, 6 assts, and 4 rebs to lead his team to a hard fought victory on the road. While his stat line was pretty good - the most impressive thing he does is what you cant get from a stat line - In the 4th Tomball starts to make a alittle run and cuts what was a 12 point lead to 3 and what happens? Meech takes over and gathers the troops...he scored a crucial bucket to stop the run and even more impressive he manages his team by making the perfect pass almost every time. Not just that but when teams go to trap him - its almost impossible as Tomball found out time and time again. Collins plays Klein on the road on Friday before the big time anticipated rematch vs Klein Forest at home on Tuesday - this one should be a great game with the top 2 teams in the city going at it (also #3 vs #4 in the state) - will let you guys know about the game Friday this weekend - as always GO ZAGS!!!

one more thing - Here's to beating the #1 team on the road this weekend!!!

lawzag
01-24-2008, 07:07 AM
thanks for the update htown! I'm so excited to see Meech in a GU uniform!:D

GU32
01-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Tomball student section started chanting "Overrated!Overrated!" As I said before, if there is one thing that Meech Goodson is - its a competitor! The kid loves to be challenged and hates to lose - so how did Meech respond with 21 points, 6 assts, and 4 rebs to lead his team to a hard fought victory on the road. !

Nice!!! GU players must have this attitude. When Gonzaga goes on the road they get everyone's best shot.

Rubbadub
01-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Can Meech do a 360 dunk? Everything else about him seems a lot like Pargo to me.

spudzag
01-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Given our experineces with dungs lately, let go wit layups.

htownzagfan
01-24-2008, 07:51 AM
From what I've seen of the two - Meech is a whole lot like Pargo but he has great feel for the game. He truly understands the game and is always trying to find ways to make is teammates better.He truly is a great team player and will do anything to win. I'm just hoping that Meech gets the opportunity to work with Stockton b/c that would benefit him tremendously...GO ZAGS!!!

MickMick
01-24-2008, 11:35 AM
The future looks bright with Meech running the point.