PDA

View Full Version : I leave for Memphis is about 24 hours....(read)

gozagswoohoo
01-24-2008, 06:44 AM
I will come back with a detailed report, and tons of pictures. I am so pumped for this game I can hardly sleep. Also, my good buddy Gonzagaga sent me some sweet signs for the game, and I will be waving them with pride from my seat all the way up by the rafters, haha.

And I haven't really got a good head count, how many of yans will be at the game?? Seems like I have only heard maybe 1 or 2 say they'll be there.

MidwestZagFan
01-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Travel safely, and yell extra loud for me!!!!!!
Go Zags!

Rubbadub
01-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Wish I could be there. :(

You're going to have a Foo sign right??

RenoZag
01-24-2008, 08:06 AM
What's a "yans" ?

gozagswoohoo
01-24-2008, 08:25 AM
What's a "yans" ?

oops...that's kind of a midwest thing. It is short for the word "you-ans". Just another version of the word "yall", only, in the present tense...I think?

JAGzag
01-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Go Woohoo! Into the lion's den you go; way to represent. I'd love to go to this game. Make us proud!

Oh, and when we're up by 20 with a minute left I expect to hear a lone voice, in the distance shouting "overrated! clap, clap, clap clap clap (repeat as necessary!). Then, run like hell and may the gods be with you!

Lurknomore
01-24-2008, 08:38 AM
WooHoo make sure your sign gives a shout out from WooHoo so we know it is you when the camera pans the rafters. Have a great time- it will be so much fun!

MDABE80
01-24-2008, 08:47 AM
I lived in the midwest. Chicago, Omaha, Milwaukee/ Iowa for 10 years and (silly me.....now I feel deprived) I never heard "yans". Of course it might be a "90's" thing but I hear that term now. Just never did. Woohoo.........man have a great time. Wear something we'll know about. Best wishes and be careful out there bud:)

CarolinaZagFan
01-24-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm leaving later on today to go to Memphis. My girlfriend is going with me, along with two of my friends who I have converted into Zag fans over the years. Good news, I have enough GU gear to make sure everyone is representing haha. Bad news, none of it is red so we will kind of blend in with the Tiger fans. What do you say about rushing the court if we win.....haha just kidding.

gozagswoohoo
01-24-2008, 10:24 AM
What do you say about rushing the court if we win.....haha just kidding.

That is quite possibly the best idea I have heard in a long time. I'm making a new thread about it. (Hope it doesn't get deleted) haha

CarolinaZagFan
01-24-2008, 11:48 AM
All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. I'm standing here outside your door, I'd hate to wake you up to say goodbye. Anyways, I'm very excited. I'm about to begin my 12 hour journey. I'll be cheering my butt off. Hopefully a Zag win will make the trip worth while :D.

gozagswoohoo
01-24-2008, 12:20 PM
All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. I'm standing here outside your door, I'd hate to wake you up to say goodbye. Anyways, I'm very excited. I'm about to begin my 12 hour journey. I'll be cheering my butt off. Hopefully a Zag win will make the trip worth while :D.

UGH, that is totally the opposite of fair that you get to leave tonight. I am actually still coming in to work for a couple hours in the morning! :mad:

GUinSTL
01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
don't worry, buddy. we'll be suckin' on some ghetto-fabulous ribs and throwin' back beers before you know it!!

GO ZAGS!!

~B

TigerTitan
01-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Go Woohoo! Into the lion's den you go; way to represent. I'd love to go to this game. Make us proud!

Oh, and when we're up by 20 with a minute left I expect to hear a lone voice, in the distance shouting "overrated! clap, clap, clap clap clap (repeat as necessary!). Then, run like hell and may the gods be with you!

I'm making a shorter trek than many of you guys and gals as I leave from Nashville (200-mile drive) Friday night with my two teenagers. I am lucky to attend a game once every other year and this year I have chosen to watch your Bulldogs and Coach Few in action. I had no idea we'd be ranked #1 by this weekend, so my timing was pretty good, I guess.

This game vs. Gonzaga will make it the first time Memphis has ever played in front of a home crowd ranked this high. You guys are helping make history. I just hope you don't burst our precious bubble and ruin the party!

I commend you all for traveling this far eastward for such a game. I hope you like our Tiger Den and Southern Hospitality!

BobZag
01-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Here's to good fun for everyone and a good game. Those of us who won't be there are envious.