PDA

View Full Version : What a great board this is !!

ZagsGoZags
01-23-2008, 09:21 PM
I just have to say THANKS to everyone on here. I spent about a month on the other board before I discovered this one. It has far exceeded my expectations. I have learned a ton about basketball from both the optimists and pessimists, and the zags and their history. It feels good to be in the community of people who are devoted fans, and often can't get enough talk and reading about the zags anyplace else.

And, although I consider myself an optimist more than a pessimist in my posts, I think the discussion of which tones are desirable on this blog are generally civil, if not downright polite. I am new, and green, and don't know a lot about basketball, so maybe I am wasting a thread here, but I just felt the sincere need to say

THANK YOU FOR THIS BOARD, IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED

[just imagine how you would feel if this resource did not exist - many of you would probably pester your friends who care less about the team than you do, and become a nuisance, like I did]

FuManShoes
01-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I know I take thsi board for granted. Bored at work? Visit the Zag board. Pumped about a game? Visit the Zag board. Watching a game near a computer? Visit the Zag board. Eager to praise/vent about my favorite team? Visit the Zag board. Saw/read/thought about the Zags in any way, shape or form? Visit the Zag board!

It really helps that 99% of the folks here are good folks, can't ask much more than that .....

MickMick
01-23-2008, 10:25 PM
It really is a good board. Don't let people convince you that it isn't

gozagswoohoo
01-24-2008, 06:42 AM
I agree. This is the greatest board in history.

But no, really, its wierd sometimes because even though I have only met 1 person from this board in person, I feel like I have atleast 8 or 10 really good friends on here.... (cue dramatic soap opera music).

drnoe
01-24-2008, 07:01 AM
I'm impressed with all the institutional knowledge to be found on this board. I got sucked in immediately almost a year ago. Now, God help me, I've been sucked into the FOO!

Butler Guy
01-24-2008, 07:11 AM
When Al Gore created the interweb, this site is what he had in mind.

Reborn
01-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Great thread ZagsGoZags. I concur. :D This is one of the more entertaining things in my life. Reading the Board and sometimes posting, Is something I look forward to almost every day. It's a great tool for someone who's aging somewhat like myseld, and is living a more sedentary lifestyle. I also find it very good for my mind. It keeps me on my toes because I need to be careful of what I post. I am committed to making this a quality board, and committment to something has always been a need for me. I have other committments, don't get me wrong, and a couple definately more important, but I am committed to the people who are involved in this Board. Even though I may characterized one way or the other at times, I am a firm believer that a good internet message board is best when it has more than one point of view, and that the people who communitcate here have respect for all who post here. I concur with those who have already said that they appreciate the overall classiness of this board because people for the most part are respectful here. I like that a lot. And I truly believe that it best reflects the great university that many of us attended.

lothar98zag
01-24-2008, 08:47 AM
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8194/grouphugai3.gif

gozagswoohoo
01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8194/grouphugai3.gif

I was waiting for something like this! hahaha :lmao:

UberZagFan
01-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Uber was fully expecting this thread to be firmly tongue-in-cheek.

The MBB is no place for this sappy talk--especially two days before GU plays the #1 rank team for the first time in the 21st century! Take the group hug to Mae's Blue & White Cafe!

Butler Guy
01-24-2008, 09:38 AM
http://mikearthur.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/groupthink.GIF

kitzbuel
01-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Uber was fully expecting this thread to be firmly tongue-in-cheek.

The MBB is no place for this sappy talk--especially two days before GU plays the #1 rank team for the first time in the 21st century! Take the group hug to Mae's Blue & White Cafe!
I neg repped you for this.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
01-24-2008, 10:30 AM
he's such a jerk, I mean, look at his reputation!

;)

RenoZag
01-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Now, God help me, I've been sucked into the FOO!

Another person who says the Foo sucks !! We oughta start a list. . .

:p

TheZagPhish
01-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Another person who says the Foo sucks !! We oughta start a list. . .

:p

Foosuck is like groupthink.

ZagsGoZags
01-25-2008, 11:25 PM
I suppose the internet made this possible. What did those who found the subject of Gonzaga men's basketball meaningful do before this board? Was there an earlier chat room that gave way to this one?

I imagine in the 1980's there just couldn't possibly have been any way for fans of this subject to interact with other very well, if at all. Before I found this blog, I just hung out with a few of my colleagues who like to talk about the zags, and that was fine. But I was isolated from the vast quantity and quality of info, and educated opinions ,that exists all over the country. Perhaps taken for granted by some, but a terrific recent discovery for me.

Zag79
01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
uber gets neg reps all the time for his BS posts and bad attitude. how can you not love it?!?! ;) bless victoria and uber. kiss his ring.

baitcast
01-26-2008, 03:06 AM
:confused: I asked this once before and still don,t know.......What is Foo?
BAITCAST.....Kingman AZ.

TheBeast
01-26-2008, 06:01 AM
BAITCAST.....Kingman AZ.

That's a very good question.

RenoZag
01-26-2008, 06:29 AM
BAITCAST.....Kingman AZ.

The Foo Forum is the place for off-the-wall threads about anything and everything. It is the square peg that doesn't fit neatly into the round hole of Gonzaga basketball, the OnLine Crosby Center, Sports Talk, and so on.

If the Men's Basketball Forum is "Sportscenter", then the Foo Forum is "Mad TV."

Just one man's opinion, by the way. . .

zagfaninmt
01-26-2008, 06:41 AM
Thanks to those who post knowledgeably about GU basketball, the enthusiasts who gush guilelessly, and to all the lurkers like myself who provide the backdrop for this board. You fan my stoke and raise my school spirit. Ever show your loyalty, ever cheer her name, rah, rah, rah. (Ripping off LC's fight song, cuz I don't know the words to the duh-duh-duh-duh-duh song.) Go Zags!