PDA

View Full Version : This pollyanna's viewpoint

former1dog
01-23-2008, 12:24 PM
This has been yet another great season and it ain't over yet.

I think the team is starting to come together and we could see another deep run in the tourney.

In term of our wins, like I said in another thread, we can't always have our best performance for everygame. That point is proven over and over again in sports of all kinds. How many close ones did the NE Patriots have coming down the stretch against "inferior" teams, folks?

Our losses, although painful, were expected by most who follow this team regularly. If you doubt me, go back and look up some of the predicition threads. Losses are part of sport and are generally a way for a team to learn about itself and improve.

Our 2 most recent games, where we didn't win by enough, can be summarized in one word: influenza. You may have heard about it, its a disease that has killed millions. Thank God for modern medicine, now we don't have to worry about death, just subpar performance on the basketball court. ;)

Here's to good health and good basketball!

:cheers:

Cheers!

Go Zags, Beat the Tigers!!

drnoe
01-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm pi##ed that I can't watch it live, but at least I'll be able to tivo it. This is going to be one hell of a game.

sonuvazag
01-23-2008, 01:13 PM
I had the privilege of seeing the past two home games in person and I noticed growth in the team chemistry so I was pretty excited. Maybe something get's lost in translation on the tv sets, but I'm glad to see some perspective by f1d. There was a play where Daye set up Micah for a three and, shortly after, Micah set up Daye for a three. These are two guys who are competing for minutes and that "taking of turns" shows how the team concept is shining through. JH was extremely frustrated about how he was slowed down by the flubug, but he still made some great hustle plays and managed to do what he could to anchor the middle. Bouldin, Gray, Micah, Pendo, and Daye all have the green light at the three and seem to be gaining intelligence about how to use it. Pargo is playing to his strength and making some outstanding passes much to the dismay of his detractors. Gray is money. Daye is a genuinely nice guy and I'm hopeful about his future. Bouldin is locked in to his new level and Pendo has decided to block shots now which I believe makes us unstoppable at just the right time.

I'm thirsty. Where's the Grape drink?

former1dog
01-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Pendo

I've noticed a higher level of athleticism out of the Brewster Rooster lately. Could it be that he has finally completely rehabbed that knee that has bothered him (I think) perpetually since his freshman year?

HOOTER
01-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Here's to good health and good basketball!

:cheers:

Cheers!

Go Zags, Beat the Tigers!!

Amen brother. I'll drink to that! :cheers:

RenoZag
01-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Looking forward to a good, well-played, tightly contested game. Last year's tilt was tremendous; no reason to think we can't see more of the same.

Go Bulldogs !!

S.U. Chieftain
01-23-2008, 08:22 PM
This has been yet another great season and it ain't over yet.

I think the team is starting to come together and we could see another deep run in the tourney.

In term of our wins, like I said in another thread, we can't always have our best performance for everygame. That point is proven over and over again in sports of all kinds. How many close ones did the NE Patriots have coming down the stretch against "inferior" teams, folks?

Thanks, former1dog, for your optimism. I agree that you can't judge the Zags by how many points they beat USF or Loyola.