• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TM27
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Babbitt to Ohio St.

Per BRO, "Babbitt to OSU; on to Drew Gordon". Apparently the Bruin site predicts that Babbitt is a done deal (for OSU), even though he is not supposed to officially announce until Friday. If true, it is unfortunate for us, but tough to argue as Thad Matta has done an outstanding job with that program and Luke has family in Ohio.

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
    TM
  • bayzag09
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Darn

Comment

• wazZag
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Feb 2007

That sucks, although the writing was on the wall when he said he announced w/out visiting. He would have had a huge opportunity here to make an impact early on. Seems like a good kid though, good luck to him.
      FOO!

Comment

• sanfranzagsguy20
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

family in ohio...number one team in the land...big win on national tv over their closest competition...showcased their campus...cant say i blame the guy

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Re;

The OSU scout.com board is predicting the same thing. Hardly a shock. As BZ and others have said, this kid was BCS all the way........

As far as UCLA is concerned....Drew Gordon is regarded as a better prospect by many people anyway......

Comment

• HillBillyZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Good luck Luke, meet Rob (Sugar)Sacre

Luke B. is a hoss, no doubt but there's never been a hoss, that could'nt be rode, or never been a cowboy who could,nt be throwed. After a season or two Rob might dunk Babbitt and the ball!!
            [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
            ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Reno TV sez: Luke to OSU. . .

One of the local TV stations used Luke as their lead sports story tonight:

" News 4 has learned that Luke Babbitt will announce at a press conference on Friday that he will attend Ohio State University."

Nothing on this news to be found on the local fish-wrap's web site.
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• NorthoftheBorder
                Kennel Club Material
                • Feb 2007

What position will Babbitt play in college?

I see that Ohio State has a "Five Star" Power Forward coming in next year and two "Four Star" Small Forwards coming in as well.

Does anybody know what position Luke will play in college? Will he get much playing time behind those three guys?

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Re:

Northoftheborder = this is the very reason why I don't understand why he's going there. I think of Thad Matta much more highly than I do Bill Self, but I am really afraid that Ohio State is going to turn into a factory school of the worst kind like KU....a place where they get every great player they can get, and then weed out the guys that don't fit the system instead of recruiting guys that specifically fit that system.

If I am top notch prep player like Babbitt, I go where I can get PT right away, and where I know they won't recruit over me. And there are plenty of BCS programs that can offer that if that's the route he wishes to take.

Comment

• zagster318
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                    Northoftheborder = this is the very reason why I don't understand why he's going there. I think of Thad Matta much more highly than I do Bill Self, but I am really afraid that Ohio State is going to turn into a factory school of the worst kind like KU....a place where they get every great player they can get, and then weed out the guys that don't fit the system instead of recruiting guys that specifically fit that system.

If I am top notch prep player like Babbitt, I go where I can get PT right away, and where I know they won't recruit over me. And there are plenty of BCS programs that can offer that if that's the route he wishes to take.

How recruits pick schools never ceases to amaze me. No offense to Ohio State, but of all Babbitt's BCS choices, UCLA seems like the best option. It's a Top 25-30 school, fabulous location, great basketball tradition, etc. IMHO
                    "Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees."- David Letterman

Comment

• Nevtelen
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Hey, look on the bright side - maybe around the end of the first semester his freshman year, he'll be thinking of transferring... and we *do* seem to do okay in getting transfers...

Okay, a pipe dream. But a nice one.

Comment

• meadgrad02
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Feb 2007

i will dream with you nevtelen.
                        "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift..."

--Steve Prefontaine--

Comment

• IronLions
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

Matta magic

How is he landing so many amazing recruits!!! Have you seen their commitments in the upcoming classes... more stars than the milky way!

Go Lions!

Comment

• NorthoftheBorder
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Feb 2007

How many scholarships does Ohio State have ?

It looks like Ohio St has 13 players eligible to return next season and 5 new players coming in. We know Greg Oden will go pro, but that still leaves 17 players on their 07-08 roster.

They only lose 4 players after the 07-08 season If Babbitt commits, he will be the 5th 2008 commit for them. That boosts their number up to 18 players for the 2008-09 season !!!

They must be expecting at two or three players to leave school early to go pro after each season.

They have become a true "factory school"

Comment

• CDC84
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Cook

Cook could go pro after this season. He's a projected 1st rounder.

Comment

Working...
                              X