PDA

View Full Version : Can Kuso become an inside offensive threat, with his back to the basket?

ZagsGoZags
01-21-2008, 11:38 PM
I am not second guessing Few on this, I am sure he has good reasons for having so many passes into Kuso at Center. I am simply wondering what the logic is. Kuso has never been good at getting effective shots up when guarded heavily. It looks like part of the new offense is to try to make him an offensive threat inside. He is making more because he is being thrown to so much, but it certainly produced a lot of lost possessions tonight.

I would love to get the coaching staff's tactic on this move.

alaskazagnut
01-21-2008, 11:44 PM
We will need him to be more efficient inside come the WCC championship. Maybe he will refine his inside game with practice during the WCC games.

CDC84
01-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Within the WCC, Kuso can do some things in the post against undersized and inexperienced players. However, I don't know if I would feel comfortable feeding him much down low from the perimeter against Memphis.

JAGzag
01-22-2008, 04:13 AM
I love Kuso's heart and effort, not to mention defensive intensity but EVERY time he has an open look at a layup, my heart skips a beat ... and 9/10 he'll the shot! He seems to have some decent post moves put can't finish!!

thickman1
01-22-2008, 06:43 AM
Within the WCC, Kuso can do some things in the post against undersized and inexperienced players. However, I don't know if I would feel comfortable feeding him much down low from the perimeter against Memphis.

Good post. I bet we see them try to push it inside on Saturday though.

Rubbadub
01-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Just an FYI, Kuso was 3-3 from the field for 9 points, 8 rebounds, a steal and a block against Memphis last year.

Reborn
01-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Never. Not enough time left in the season. He has looked better this year, but still not even close to being a threat. A threat means they double team him like they do Josh. Kuso has difficulty even catching the ball if it's a really good pass (meaning a pass that's actually difficult to make but because of our passing skill we can get some pretty good passes into Kuso). The team really looks for him, and to me, when we throw it to him it may as well be a turnover. That's one reason we do not do as well in the 2nd half. I think the opponents leave him so open that it forces us to throw it to him, and then he just doesn't nothing with it but miss another shot. He has NO OUTSIDE game at all. Not even up to 6 feet. I mean come on, folks. IMO he's a very decent sub and that's it.