PDA

View Full Version : Seedings and Pairings Announced

BobZag
02-27-2007, 10:13 AM
With an assist from kdaleb:

The WCC has...

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/west/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/WBBAll-WCC

...announced the seeds for the WCC tournament and the #1 seed... your Gonzaga Bulldogs. Also of note, all three teams that beat the Zags are on the other side of the bracket, so we will only be playing one of SCU, SMC, and LMU (and maybe none of them if Portland goes on a bender at home!)

2007 WCC Men's Basketball Tournament Seeds

No. 1 - Gonzaga
No. 2 - Santa Clara
No. 3 - Saint Mary's
No. 4 - San Francisco
No. 5 - San Diego
No. 6 - Loyola Marymount
No. 7 - Portland
No. 8 - Pepperdine

WCC Men's Basketball Tournament Schedule

FIRST ROUND - Friday - March 2, 2007
No. 5 San Diego vs. No. 8 Pepperdine
No. 6 Loyola Marymount vs. No. 7 Portland

QUARTERFINALS - Saturday - March 3, 2007
San Diego/Pepperdine winner vs. No. 4 San Francisco
Loyola Marymount/Portland vs. Saint Mary's

SEMIFINALS - Sunday - March 4, 2007
San Diego/Pepperdine/San Francisco vs. No. 1 Gonzaga
Loyola Marymount/Portland/Saint Mary's vs. No. 2 Santa Clara

FINALS - Monday - March 5, 2007
WCC Tournament Championship Game

wazZag
02-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I hope we play Pepp and Portland.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
02-27-2007, 10:23 AM
San Diego - I think we match up better against them than anyone

then,

LMU - Shutting them down for a little revenge while crushing their unlikely Tournament hopes would be somewhat devilishly satisfying. In a very, granted, mean spirited way - but we owe them another one, me thinks.

tobizag
02-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I hope we play like we did in the second half of the second half last night.

SintoZag
02-27-2007, 10:27 AM
we don't play like we did during the WCC tourney last year!;)

RenoZag
02-27-2007, 12:14 PM
St. Mary's and the Zags seem to have the most momentum heading into the WCC Tourney. . .I wouldn't be surprised to see a SMC vs. GU final come Monday night. . .

Rubbadub
02-27-2007, 12:45 PM
I would like smc in the final. I really dislike that Samhan kid, even if he got abused by us in the last game.

zagster318
02-27-2007, 12:46 PM
St. Mary's and the Zags seem to have the most momentum heading into the WCC Tourney. . .I wouldn't be surprised to see a SMC vs. GU final come Monday night. . .

It would be so great to knock that punk down a peg or two after he flips the bird to the crowd again.

Fonebone
02-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Does anybody know the times ?

Thanks

Fonebone

KNIGHT22RIMROKR
02-27-2007, 06:00 PM
we don't play like we did during the WCC tourney last year!;)

Yeah that was very stressful. Exciting but stressed me out big time.

TM27
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Open the link for a bracket with scheduled times.

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/west/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2007mbbbracketsrelease

Fonebone
02-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks TM 27

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-01-2007, 08:37 AM
After reading the article about Coach Davey (posted on 'Wow, just wow.." thread) I really hope we play Santa Clara in the finals and both teams wind up in the Big Dance. The sentimental favorites angle makes me nervous about Santa Clara as their players will be hugely pumped up to take their coach to the NCAA's and stick it to the admin (in a way) by doing so, but I hope we get them in the Championship game nonetheless.

p.s. Hope my first ever avatar doesn't frighten any women or children away from the board.....only flamers. Hard to find a gentle TFlex image; besides, it's tourney time...time to be fierce!