PDA

View Full Version : Favre looked terrible in the 2nd half and OT...

gozagswoohoo
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Jeez...I wonder if returns next season or not. I really thought this was his season.

RenoZag
01-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Saw one opening line that had the Pats favored by 12 points over the G'ints.

The Sports Illustrated "cover jinx" lives on. . .

Zag79
01-20-2008, 10:24 PM
if it snowed and was warmer (like last week) he would have played good but this super cold weather made it tough on him IMO. his age and -24 makes for sore muscles, and tight mechanics as you saw later in the game. too bad it wasnt like that for the hawks game.

kitzbuel
01-21-2008, 06:21 AM
Saw one opening line that had the Pats favored by 12 points over the G'ints
I would put money on the Giants if that spread sticks.

RenoZag
01-21-2008, 08:01 AM
I would put money on the Giants if that spread sticks.

From the AP:

The Patriots are favored by 13 to 14 points against the New York Giants (13-6) at Las Vegas sports books, a higher-than-normal spread to entice underdog bettors on the biggest booked game of the season.

"The Patriots are still considered by far the best team in the league," said Jay Kornegay, sports book director at the Las Vegas Hilton. "We obviously make that line to get equal action on both sides. To do that, because of the perception of the Patriots, we have to increase their number more than usual."

lothar98zag
01-21-2008, 01:58 PM
too bad it wasnt like that for the hawks game.

:fingergun:

BF certainly looked liked a frozen old man during most of the 2nd half and OT...

ugh.

A GB-NE SB would have been a dream match up, a perfect storm of hype (and worthy of it too). So perfect that you just knew it couldn't happen...

#$%^#$%#$% NYG!

Zagpower
01-21-2008, 02:23 PM
On a similar note, what happened to Tomlinson yesterday? All week along, we were led to believe that Rivers and Gates had much more serious injuries than LT and it was reported that LT didn't reinjure anything yesterday.

Were the Chargers hiding the true extent of the injury all week or do you think San Diego was as surprised as the rest of us that LT couldn't go?

lothar98zag
01-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Were the Chargers hiding the true extent of the injury all week or do you think San Diego was as surprised as the rest of us that LT couldn't go?
probably both.

mtzaga
01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Brett did not play a good game, but Al Harris was much worse.

gozagswoohoo
01-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Brett did not play a good game, but Al Harris was much worse.

You can say that again...Plaxico was tearin him a new one...it took about 10 receptions before Harris stopped talkin trash too.