PDA

View Full Version : Site Crash last night?

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
02-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Was I the only one for whom this bad boy crashed post game yesterday? If not, great timing!

However, sounds like typical IT from my experience paying those fellows, it only crashes when

1. There's a lot of traffic (? duh) or
2. You give a S about checking out the website in question?

Other than that it's smooth sailing on the old information super highways of the modern world.

Great game and nice turn of events with Pepperdine - if you'd have asked me 10 days ago if I'd be pulling for Pepperdine???? not likely - not as unlikely as the huskies, but up there.

GPZagFan
02-27-2007, 08:21 AM
suffer from addict-like symptoms when they tried--to no avail---logging on to the boards last night? In retrospect, my fiancee may have thought I was a crack-fiend: experiencing the shakes, a cold sweat and a mind racing with irrational thoughts as I failed to get my fix.

Phew...glad all is balanced in the universe again.

Go Zags!

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
02-27-2007, 08:30 AM
addict land when your dealer doesn't deliver right after a game! :mad: Whew, I'm glad I was suffering with the comradeship of some fellow - night sweaters.....I'll confess.....I spent some time relapsing onto the old board....I'm so so sorry, it'll never happen....sob....again...I swear.:o

(yes the drug sarcasm is intended - I'm still waiting for the time when we can treat the subject with a small amount of levity and fewer HANG EM/Forgive All tiresome at this point posts - The Zags are winning and the chips will fall where they will at this point JH/TD)

beatProgram
02-27-2007, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure what the setup is for this forum, nor how much direct access the founders/mods have to the system that hosts this, but I'd be glad to help with the IT side of things as a contribution to the GUniverse.

If stability and availability continued to be an issue I could also help to transition the forum to another server or shared host that would essentially be dedicated to just this forum. vBulletin migration isn't too tough depending on the current config.

GPZagFan
02-27-2007, 08:44 AM
94zagoldwomanasherdsmen - you aren't alone. I too suffered from a GUNation relapse...I couldn't help it...I had to take the risk...had to bask in some sort of post-victory glory, even it if comes via the hands of the evil dealer...

BobZag
02-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Yes, it went down. Don't know why. I had already logged off and was in dreamland. Apologies for the down time.

gamagin
02-27-2007, 08:52 AM
I've found myself heading here after a game, too, but last night wasn't in the cards. I wanted to know what was wrong with DR. read this am he had the flu.

I sure hope these lads can shake the effects before this weekend. I've had one or more forms and they are nasty, lingering and exhausting.

I can only watch and admire this team struggling not only with adversity, but illness, too and continuing to beat whomever. Great stuff !

soonerterp
02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I would love to have checked in here in the wee hours this morning (about 3 a.m.-ish Central Time) ... but I kept getting a message that said "Database Error" so I gave up. :(

Glad it's back up.

RebornZag
02-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Locked out!!! :mad:

Didn't experience any relapse symptoms though...thank God!!! Just accepted it and posted a few things on the GUnatiion board. I have quite a few choices, and I did some other things...gu related. I spent a lot of time on bracketology studying the brackets. It's wierd 'cause I said a few weeks back that I thought 12 or 13 looked best for us because we'd be playing 4 and 5 seeds which is better then 1,2, or 3 seeds in order to reach the Sweet 16. And that's always a worthy goal.

I did think it sad that we couldn't get on the board to celebrate together on probably one of the most important nights of the year...Hey WE WON THE CONFERANCE!!!! Biggest night to me so far. SO FAR.....I hope this is looked into and that we try to resolve what is causing this lock out...cause it's happened now twice in the last week!!!