PDA

View Full Version : Maryland beats #1 UNC!

Goshzagit
01-19-2008, 01:47 PM
At UNC, 82-80. Memphis should be the new #1 in this week's rankings. Zags will be playing the #1 team in the country next Saturday, folks. Exciting!! Talk about a great opportunity for GU to regain exposure and be ranked once again. I like being "under the radar", but I liked being ranked even more. :D

Go Zags!

gozagswoohoo
01-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I LOVE IT! I'll be in Memphis, and witness a monumental upset!!! Bia Bia!

MickMick
01-19-2008, 02:02 PM
If Brandon Johnson can dictate to the Zags, what do you think Derrick Rose is gonna do?

Akzag
01-19-2008, 02:03 PM
as was pointed out last year, "Gonzaga has never beaten a #1 ranked team ..." [of course, I don't know if we've even ever played one ...]

#2, a few #3's ... time to take care of business with Don Sutton-eone and the San Franciscans on Monday. Then we'll take care of business.

CDC84
01-19-2008, 02:04 PM
More importantly, how is Gonzaga going to survive Memphis' pressure when they turned the ball over 28 times against Pepperdine and San Diego? Memphis is the #1 rated defensive rated team around, and it's largely based on turnovers and blocked shots.

BTW....USC beat UCLA as well. OU beat Texas Tech, and Tennessee beat Ohio State.

gozagswoohoo
01-19-2008, 02:06 PM
If Brandon Johnson can dictate to the Zags, what do you think Derrick Rose is gonna do?

Go scoreless, we'll put Foster on him.

RenoZag
01-19-2008, 02:18 PM
AKzag, I don't think Gonzaga will beat a #1 team next weekend either. . .there's just too much separation between Memphis & GU at this point.

Akzag
01-19-2008, 02:19 PM
AKzag, I don't think Gonzaga will beat a #1 team next weekend either. . .there's just too much separation between Memphis & GU at this point.

Booooooo!

I'll keep rooting anyway ... ;)

gozagswoohoo
01-19-2008, 02:20 PM
time to take care of business with Don Sutton-eone and the San Franciscans on Monday. Then we'll take care of business.

Just as a side note, I'm not overlooking USF or just looking to the Memphis game, and I doubt the zags will either. If any good can come from memphis being #1, is that the zags will really be up for that game, and with us being unranked, we should go in their with nothing to lose and play our hearts out. You never know, look with Pepp did against Memphis in the first half. I'll have my fingers crossed...

RenoZag
01-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Just as a side note, I'm not overlooking USF or just looking to the Memphis game, and I doubt the zags will either. If any good can come from memphis being #1, is that the zags will really be up for that game, and with us being unranked, we should go in their with nothing to lose and play our hearts out. You never know, look with Pepp did against Memphis in the first half. I'll have my fingers crossed...

We'll all have our fingers crossed, Woo. . .maybe the focus gets restored against Lowhorn & Co on Monday and the Zags head to M-town with some momentum.

gozagswoohoo
01-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Sounds like a plan to me!

jim77
01-19-2008, 02:27 PM
The table has been set.....we need to take care of usf on monday....then the showdown!

HOOTER
01-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Can you believe those UNC fans? They were literally crying at the end of that game. It was as if they had just lost the championship.

Hopefully this is Gonzaga's year to finally beat a #1.

GO ZAG'S!!!:D

MedZag
01-19-2008, 02:45 PM

I'll concede that much. But if you took away all the wins by the Zags over the years against teams which had were significantly "better," we'd still be piddling along in mid-major obscurity.

I love games where we are given no chance. Talk about a win-win situation. If we fight hard and lose, well, its because Memphis was supposed to be better. But if we win, oh baby.

sittingon50
01-19-2008, 05:43 PM
#1 Cincy 75 GU 68 (Rock & Roll shootout- Cleveland, Ohio).

HOOTER
01-19-2008, 06:21 PM
#1 Cincy 75 GU 68 (Rock & Roll shootout- Cleveland, Ohio).

Wow, I don't remember that one. I'm sure we all remember when the Zag's avenged that loss. Hopefully they can avenge their losses to Memphis as well.

sittingon50
01-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Casey posterized Kenyon Martin & got stitches in his face for the effort.