PDA

View Full Version : What is your Pre-game warm up routine?

FrosTbear
01-19-2008, 09:17 AM
As an athlete it is very important to have a routine before a game. This allows the body, mind and spirit to work as a unit at the highest level. There are many similar activities each player will complete before the game like stretching, shoot around, review game plans and visualize winning the game. These routines merge individuals into the team. So my question is what pre-game routines does the Zag Nation have to perform at their best. What do you do before every game to be at your best in supporting the best basketball team in the nation?

Reborn
01-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Good thread. I've always liked this kind of post because I am pretty ritualistic both as an athlete and a fan. I go on-line for a bit and do some posting here because it gets me keyed into the team, and fans. It's also relaxing. I like to post on the Bunnies because the two times I didn't they lost. So I make sure to post on that thread now. When I had my own computer I loved to listen to the chant and song on the Bunnies thread. That thread can pump you up before a game. But as you know I no longer have my computer, and go to the library where they have no sound/speakers. :(

I have my Zag gear that I wear. Either the blue or red sweatshirt with the hood, or my grey Gonzaga T-shirt. That's it...not too bad or too compulsive.

RenoZag
01-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Have to wear at least one piece of Zag gear all day the day of game. . .today it's a cap; heading off to the caucus right now; hope it's over by 12:45 pm cuz' if it is not, the march of democracy will have to proceed without me. . .nothing stands between me and the TV when there's a Zags game on.

Go Bulldogs !!

mdZag23
01-19-2008, 09:47 AM
trying to get kids and wife to leave the house!

HOOTER
01-19-2008, 09:57 AM
This morning my pre-game warm up involved stuffing my face with pancakes, sausage, eggs, and some strong black coffee. Evening games are usually preceded by an ice cold microbrew or two (or three), which is an extremely important aspect to my pre-game routine. All of this occurs while clad in one of my Gonzaga shirts, of course.

gu03alum
01-19-2008, 10:25 AM
I like to go to the bulldog and have a few beers and talk about how and why they are going to win. Then I take the long, cold walk to the game about 15 minutes before it starts.

MedZag
01-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Got my nike replica jersey on.

Got my remote.

Got my food.

Game time.

USMC69
01-19-2008, 10:41 AM
If time allows I watch the last win then set the VCR for game.
Get chips etc. ready
Check VCR again
Make sure I have Gonzaga shirt on
Game Time
Get in recliner and be ready to yell at TV for 2 hours.
Oh yea, have to bump the bunnies.

HOOTER
01-19-2008, 10:43 AM
If time allows I watch the last win then set the VCR for game.

VCR? What's that? ;)

ZagNative
01-19-2008, 11:25 AM
It amazes me that I could have forgotten to set the DVR until I read this thread! Got to make sure my Walkman radio is at the ready so I can start listening to Richard and Tom on the pre-game show at 12:30. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! It begins!

westcoasthoops101
01-19-2008, 11:36 AM
What do you do before every game to be at your best in supporting the best basketball team in the nation?

I'm not a big North Carolina fan, so I don't have any special ritual or anything like that before watching their games.

USMC69
01-19-2008, 11:40 AM
VCR? What's that? ;)

recording device as seen on Antique Road Show. Used by old farts that are new technology deficeint.