01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Over the past 4 games Matt Bouldin has averaged:

20 PPG
58% FG
48% 3PT
4 APG
5 RPG
3.3 SPG

In short, hes been incredible. He is such a matchup nightmare and force within the WCC.

TheZagPhish
01-18-2008, 01:30 PM
:allhail:
Unbelievable!

BobZag
01-18-2008, 02:14 PM
That stat line is impressive, to put it mildly. Hoping Matt makes a habit out of it. :)

lothar98zag
01-18-2008, 02:15 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

lawzag
01-18-2008, 02:16 PM
:000tens:

Nevtelen
01-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Honestly, back when BZ posted about how hard Matt was working on the off-season, I just knew he'd have a good year. Still, if he can keep anything close to that kind of production up, it'd be a lot better even than I thought it might be...

MickMick
01-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Keep it up? I look for it to improve. No more Weaver types to guard him.

Matt is a force. He picked up that one attribute he could never seem to master.....confidence.

PortlandbasedZag
01-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I really like seeing that he is shooting almost 50% from behind the arc. I expected him to have a good year inside, but I guess I was still waiting to see someone emerge as a real threat from behind the arc as we have pretty much always had. No one was shooting that great from behind the arc at the beginning of the year and I think that did hurt us in a few games. I also would suspect that the tighter people play him on the arc, the more opportunities down low he will have for either assists or points. He is just a tough match-up for almost any team....

Ezag
01-18-2008, 03:08 PM
The first few games this season I really didn't see any marked improvement in Matt from last years but I was definitely wrong and glad I was. :) :)

Sacto
01-18-2008, 03:54 PM
BUT, BUT, BUttttt......He's not as good as Gottlieb thought he would be!

MDABE80
01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Easily AA numbers. Easily. Matt brings so many dimensions to the Zags. Let me detail them......nope I won't. List would be too long:) This is the one player who would give an opposing coach fits. I hope he continues this clip during WCC play. His numbers could go up. Seems like his performance measures have gone up with the return of Josh. Think they're unrelated? It was bound to happen.

BobZag
01-18-2008, 05:48 PM
BUT, BUT, BUttttt......He's not as good as Gottlieb thought he would be!

lol, good one, Sacto. Sometimes talk show hosts, I've noticed, get stuck on a belief and refuse to change for fear of being wishy washy. I've noticed the trait with Cowherd, GameNight hosts and others. Too prideful. Matt could score 50ppg, 20apg, 10rpg and Gottleib wouldn't budge. It's just how it is.

The reverse is also true. When they proclaim someone is great, that someone would be a bust and the Gottleibs will not change.

gueastcoast
01-18-2008, 05:52 PM
from the beginning:

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?p=74449#post74449

In a way I'm glad GU Nation sort of underestimated him...I think it's a lot better (in sports as well as life) to sneak up on things a little bit rather than be set up to disappoint.

Keep it Matty B!

beatProgram
01-18-2008, 09:15 PM
When I saw Bouldin play in a few games live last year I felt like he was going to be the best all-around guard that Gonzaga ever recruited.

I still believe this will bear out. If the coaches ever manage to beat the lazy passing out of him he'll be all the talk of the pundits his junior and senior years.

Ziggy
01-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Over the past 4 games Matt Bouldin has averaged:

20 PPG
58% FG
48% 3PT
4 APG
5 RPG
3.3 SPG

In short, hes been incredible. He is such a matchup nightmare and force within the WCC.

You gotta be kiddin me...nope! The Force is strong in this one.

cjm720
01-19-2008, 10:13 AM
my favorite part of it = he's a sophomore!

GO ZAGS

TrueLiz
01-21-2008, 12:26 AM
lol, good one, Sacto. Sometimes talk show hosts, I've noticed, get stuck on a belief and refuse to change for fear of being wishy washy. I've noticed the trait with Cowherd, GameNight hosts and others. Too prideful. Matt could score 50ppg, 20apg, 10rpg and Gottleib wouldn't budge. It's just how it is.

The reverse is also true. When they proclaim someone is great, that someone would be a bust and the Gottleibs will not change.

I do have to interject a Doug Gottlieb comment here though. When he and (now Big Ten anchor) Dave Revsine were broadcasting a hometown Minnesota Gophers game for ESPN that I was attending a season or so ago, I talked to them after the game (wearing all Maroon & Gold clothing, but still with the "Zag 4 Life" wristband to show my other love) and they both talked about the fact that they are "Friends of the Zags" and Gottlieb said how much he respects Gonzaga's program, and wants to see them do well...

I just had to throw that out there.