• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 77Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2007

Shifting Tides --

Might be old news to many, but this one is fun to watch -- it changes daily on results

College basketball picks and predictions, plus NCAA basketball odds, stats, power rankings, strength of schedule, SOS, standings and projections.

Hope I did this right. Click on Gonzaga link for more fun.
    All our OOC games are starting to help, at least on this ranking site. We're right on the Gayles rear and closing fast. Then again, not sure I want to be on Gayle's rear.
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”
  • ZagManFan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

12% win probabilty versus Memphis and 34.3% at St. Marys. I like being the underdog, but come on.

Comment

• HOOTER
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by ZagManFan View Post
      12% win probabilty versus Memphis and 34.3% at St. Marys. I like being the underdog, but come on.
      12% at Memphis might be a legit probability, although I'd like to believe they have a better chance than that. 34.3% at St. Mary's is a joke. I wish I was a betting man.

Comment

• lothar98zag
        PostPadder General
        • Feb 2007

Shifting Tides

thought this was going to be about the Waves coach leaving...
        youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• VinnyZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

the key part is AT St. Mary's. I don't think that's outrageous.
          The probability for the game in Spokane is just about the opposite.

Comment

• 77Zag
            Zag for Life
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by lothar98zag View Post

thought this was going to be about the Waves coach leaving...
            Lothar, sorry to let you down, but at 200+ on the Power Rankings, he should have left.
            “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• Colbyspapa
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Jan 2008

At St. Mary's

Traditionally, home court advantage only gives a better 6 points. So, we must be a dog at home too by those numbers right???? I don't know that there is much science involved here.

Comment

• HOOTER
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by VinnyZag View Post
                the key part is AT St. Mary's. I don't think that's outrageous.
                The probability for the game in Spokane is just about the opposite.
                Their giving St. Mary's 34.7% at Gonzaga and giving Gonzaga 34.3% at St. Mary's. Their actually saying that St. Mary's has a better shot to win on the road at Gonzaga than Gonzaga does at St. Mary's. I'm sorry but that's freakin' ridiculous.

Comment

• 77Zag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Aug 2007

Hence the title...

Originally posted by IdahZag
                  It's not objective at all. It's entirely based on the stats. Take it with a grain of salt because it is reliant on statistics that change daily. Which isn't to say that one should not give any credence to this site or kenpom or other statheads; many of their findings are revealing in a way that purely subjective (the human eye) point of view can never be.
                  Idah, you are on the mark - this is purely a computer generated stat track -- today will change all the data again. It is a betting man's bible

Comment

Working...
                  X