• antbanks
    Bulldog Fan
    • Jan 2008

lead by 15 at start of 4th quarter

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

You got company listening Antbanks. Game is on http://www.hobbsschools.net/
      , choose TV and Radio and listen now. Eagles up by 21, 4:52 left in the 4th.

How's your evening in Hobbs?

P.S. I want that guy!

Comment

• antbanks
        Bulldog Fan
        • Jan 2008

im good.......Jeff Taylor proves his ankle is 100% with 3 dunks and 34 points so far in the game

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Sounded like a fun game. Final score 90-64. Last I heard, Jeff scored 35.

antbanks, I can't remember: Have you seen Jeff play in person? If so, whose game does his remind you of, if any?

Postgame coming up. I'd like it if they have a good stat report.

Hobbs now 16-2 on the season.

Correction: 36 points.

Comment

• antbanks
            Bulldog Fan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
            Sounded like a fun game. Final score 90-64. Last I heard, Jeff scored 35.

antbanks, I can't remember: Have you seen Jeff play in person? If so, whose game does his remind you of, if any?

Postgame coming up. I'd like it if they have a good stat report.

Hobbs now 16-2 on the season.

Correction: 36 points.
            yeah i will post stat report tomorrow or thursday, he kinda plays like Shawn Marion in my opinion

Comment

• antbanks
              Bulldog Fan
              • Jan 2008

nevermind, he does play like him now that i think about it, thats probably the best comparison

Comment

• ZagAddict
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I grew up in Phoenix and still follow the Suns very close. Shawn Marion is an amazing athlete and defender, but his offensive game needs a top tier point guard to optimize his ability. Shawn is a terrific basketball player, but his strength is finishing around the rim... not creating his own shots/points. The one thing that stands out in my mind about Shawn Marion though is that with hard work he has improved to a decent outside shooter when given an open look.

From what I've read about Jeff Taylor, this comparison sounds close. I would take a Shawn Marion type on my team any day of the week, and GU would be a perfect fit for that type of athlete who can really compliment a great passing guard. Meech and Taylor sound like a duo that could do special things at GU in the future.

Comment

• theothegreat21
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Feb 2007

I was just curious if this is Arteisa of California or a different Artesia
                  ONIONS!!!!!!

http://thekennelreport.blogspot.com/

Comment

• antbanks
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ZagAddict View Post
                    I grew up in Phoenix and still follow the Suns very close. Shawn Marion is an amazing athlete and defender, but his offensive game needs a top tier point guard to optimize his ability. Shawn is a terrific basketball player, but his strength is finishing around the rim... not creating his own shots/points. The one thing that stands out in my mind about Shawn Marion though is that with hard work he has improved to a decent outside shooter when given an open look.

From what I've read about Jeff Taylor, this comparison sounds close. I would take a Shawn Marion type on my team any day of the week, and GU would be a perfect fit for that type of athlete who can really compliment a great passing guard. Meech and Taylor sound like a duo that could do special things at GU in the future.
                    Im sure by the time he is in the NBA his game will be elevated far past Shawn Marion at the rate he is going right now......he does have a nice outside shot but he loves the inside, and he is great at assist and open looks

Comment

• antbanks
                      Bulldog Fan
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theothegreat21 View Post
                      I was just curious if this is Arteisa of California or a different Artesia
                      Artesia New Mexico

Comment

• theothegreat21
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Feb 2007

Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking if he was putting these kind of numbers up on Artesia of California then he would almost certainly be a top 10 recruit. I was curious about what level you thought New Mexico high school basketball was at...or what state you would compare the competiton and talent to
                        ONIONS!!!!!!

Comment

• antbanks
                          Bulldog Fan
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theothegreat21 View Post
                          Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking if he was putting these kind of numbers up on Artesia of California then he would almost certainly be a top 10 recruit. I was curious about what level you thought New Mexico high school basketball was at...or what state you would compare the competiton and talent to
                          well Hobbs played 6Texas schools to start off the season and beat all of them in texas.....New Mexico ball is pretty tough in the 5A division of the state.....im sure hobbs can compete with a lot of the top schools in the nation......Hobbs has always been known for being a basketball powerhouse

Comment

• theothegreat21
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Feb 2007

Thanks a lot for that information, Taylor sounds like a pretty special player, and if he is anything like Shawn Marion then I would hope the staff is doing everything to make sure he is a Zag
                            ONIONS!!!!!!

Comment

• BobZag
                              Dark Lord of the Zag
                              • Jan 2007

I have heard Jeff is similar to Brandon Roy. Is this somewhat accurate?
                              The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Working...
                              X