• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thickman1
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Feb 2007

Finally...

That was the most complete game to date. We could have easily hung 100-110 on the Waves but I respect coach Few for pulling the starters at about the 5 minute mark - very classy. Offensive execution, defensive intensity. It was beautiful. I'd love to see that kind of play the rest of the year. It'd make these 1am bedtimes much easier to swallow. Excellent game, I cannot say it enough.

Other quick thoughts:
    Jeremy seems to be hurting. I'm sure taking that charge didn't help...
    Matt can definitely run the point...
    Austin appears to be "back." His confidence looks to be sky high...
    Where did Micah go tonight?
    Nice game for Pendo - another quick double-digit performance...
    I really love to watch Stephen Gray play. So smooth and steady. Hard to believe he's a freshman...
    Josh seemed to disappear at times tonight...

Finally - I know this was Pepperdine and it probably distorts things a bit but wow do we have a bunch of horses. I love to watch them press and push all game. I wish they'd do it more often. No one in the WCC could hang with constant pressure from this group of players.
  • JLGutrocks
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

My question is where is big Willy? This pi@@es me off. The kid busts his tail and when we get games like this I would love to see the kid get some PT.

Rats.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Comment

• adoptedzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I concur, I would have loved to see Foster in there. Every single zag except him got PT.

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I know that the coaching staff has mentioned Will having some problems with his back. I'm more interested in seeing them fine tune a well-oiled machine right now than I am in seeing a possibly injured guy play.

Comment

• upan8th
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Saving him for Memphis ala Charger's Billy Volek vs Indy.

Comment

• Ziggy
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Finally a B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l game!
            "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Comment

• VinnyZag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I'm certain Will didn't play because of injury. There's no other reason he wouldn't have been out there.
              Most interesting stat: Pepperdine shot just four free throws, making three. Guess you don't get to the stripe very often when 43 percent of your field goal attempts are 3-pointers.

Comment

• Nevtelen
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Micah put on his hard hat and went to work on D out there, but his confidence on offense and even at the line just looks to be totally shot. I don't know what it is, but wherever it went, I really really hope he finds it. Not only does he seem like a nice kid who anyone would like to see do well, but being as he's such a great defensive stopper it'd be absolutely great to have him get back his offensive touch and see more PT.

Comment

• CarolinaZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2007

Perfection

Only one word describes how we played last night....Perfect. We did everything excellent. Maintained high intensity throughout the game, hit shots, got Heytvelt involved, played excellent defense. If we play like this, we can beat anyone in the nation.
                  "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• MickMick
                    Zag for Life
                    • Apr 2007

Zags always play well in high tempo games. It is the Butlers of the world that drive them crazy.
                    Last edited by MickMick; 01-15-2008, 05:00 PM.
                    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• lothar98zag
                      PostPadder General
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                      I know that the coaching staff has mentioned Will having some problems with his back.
                      Agreed - I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that WF was injured. Can ZagNative find a link to verify?

Better yet - can anyone verify if WF was at the LMU or Pep games. I don't recall seeing him on the bench, but I wasn't looking for him either. IMHO, if he is not well enough to play in the Pep game, he shouldn't have made the trip...
                      youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• BobZag
                        Dark Lord of the Zag
                        • Jan 2007

This game had a whole different "feel" to it than the previous game, didn't it? Night-and-Day difference. Even though the guys shot 63% in 1st-half, it felt and looked like 80%. Our approach and business-like attitude looked like the Zags of, say, 2002, 2004, 2006...
                        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• ZagNative
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by lothar98zag View Post
                          Agreed - I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that WF was injured. Can ZagNative find a link to verify?

Better yet - can anyone verify if WF was at the LMU or Pep games. I don't recall seeing him on the bench, but I wasn't looking for him either. IMHO, if he is not well enough to play in the Pep game, he shouldn't have made the trip...
                          I looked it up in search here, and it was mentioned in this thread.
                          I heard the same comment from Coach Rice - that Will had a bit of a back injury and that's why he wasn't playing more. Tom Hudson had mentioned the fact the fans were clamoring for Will, and that was Rice's reply. Didn't sound like anything serious but that they just wanted him to rest it and get 100%.

Comment

• lothar98zag
                            PostPadder General
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
                            I looked it up in search here, and it was mentioned in this thread.
                            I heard the same comment from Coach Rice - that Will had a bit of a back injury and that's why he wasn't playing more. Tom Hudson had mentioned the fact the fans were clamoring for Will, and that was Rice's reply. Didn't sound like anything serious but that they just wanted him to rest it and get 100%.
                            thanks.

now can anyone verify he made the LA trip?
                            youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• ToreroZag
                              Redshirt
                              • Nov 2007

He was in LA

Will did make the LA trip. I think it's good they sent him to support the team. Classes just started today so I suppose he would have been pretty bored if they left him behind.
                              “We’ll look good in the airport or in dunk contests,” Few said. “But are we a good team? We’ll have to see.”

Comment

Working...
                              X