PDA

View Full Version : Ira Brown Dunk = EK II

Ezag
01-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Though near the end of regulation, still sweet dunk, reminded me of EK dunks that we haven't seen in a while.

YetiHater
01-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Though near the end of regulation, still sweet dunk, reminded me of EK dunks that we haven't seen in a while.

:) :D :p :lmao:

JLGutrocks
01-14-2008, 10:28 PM
it was saaaaawweeeeeeettt!

MedZag
01-14-2008, 10:30 PM
The chest bump post-dunk was almost as good.

meadgrad02
01-14-2008, 10:30 PM
so why did it not count? was did the baseline ref call? i had to rewind it on my DVR to see what he called and to see if indeed it was not counted, and it wasn't the score went to 89 and then went back to 87. i have no idea what he they could have possibly called... i watched it over and over too.

Nevtelen
01-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Apparently they called mercy. :D Man that was sick. Idiotic that something got called there, but oh well. A fantastic dunk anyway and I don't think anyone really cared about the 2 pts at that stage. The bench just erupted. :)

ZagsGoZags
01-15-2008, 05:19 AM
sorry for being new to the board, but

what is EK ??

LongIslandZagFan
01-15-2008, 05:32 AM
sorry for being new to the board, but

what is EK ??

Erroll Knight. I assume you do, but if you don't know who that is, do yourself a favor and Google him rather than ask here.

D Hark 2003
01-15-2008, 06:07 AM
the best part about that dunk was the reaction of the two bench warmers from Pepperdine that got dunked on. They looked like their faces hurt and they wanted to cry. It was beautiful.

gozagswoohoo
01-15-2008, 06:22 AM
the best part about that dunk was the reaction of the two bench warmers from Pepperdine that got dunked on. They looked like their faces hurt and they wanted to cry. It was beautiful.

That WAS pretty good Hark, but I've got to say my favorite part was the Pepp fans sitting in the chairs along the baseline. The whole game they were just sitting there kinda lull...clapping. Every now and then when GU scored, they'd throw there hands up in frustration. Watch them when Ira! drops the hammer, its hilarious. You woulda thought they were GU fans.

D Hark 2003
01-15-2008, 06:35 AM
i will have to check that out when im home from work. thank god for DVR. The guys that got posterized looked like they were straight out of those commercials for southwest "wanna get away?" I felt kinda bad for them.

ZAGFAN78
01-15-2008, 06:38 AM
That was a pretty disgusting dunk, had a little hot mustard and some stank on it. where is the youtube people ...lets go, get it posted

kdaleb
01-15-2008, 08:01 AM
so why did it not count? what did the baseline ref call?

Reading the teleprompter at the bar, it looked like the ref called Ira! for going over the back.

tyra
01-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Yes, I believe the refs called an offensive foul although I am not entirely sure it was on Ira. If it was, it was a poor call that only slightly detracted from the orgasmic nature of the dunk! :explode:

lothar98zag
01-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Yes, I believe the refs called an offensive foul although I am not entirely sure it was on Ira. If it was, it was a poor call that only slightly detracted from the orgasmic nature of the dunk! :explode:
I went to bed thinking the ref had somehow called an offensive foul on IRA!, but checking the box score (http://gozags.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2007-2008/gonmb17.html) shows that the dunk was good and no foul was called on anyone, even though IRA! was fouled by both Pep players...

Not sure what the whistle was for...

...maybe the ref was shocked at what happened and blew the whistle by mistake...

IronLions
01-15-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm hope someone can find a video clip or picture of it.

GoZags
01-15-2008, 08:57 AM
If you notice a few minutes after Ira's dunk (spectacular btw) the Zags ended up with 2 points added to their total. The ESPN play by play says Ira made a dunk with 9 seconds left, which isn't true because GU ran out the clock.

What I think happened is the ref stopped play because Ira hung on the rim a bit (the guys that fouled him were below him).

So, he ended up getting credit for the hoop -- just not right away per ESPN.

Larryzag
01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
If you notice a few minutes after Ira's dunk (spectacular btw) the Zags ended up with 2 points added to their total. The ESPN play by play says Ira made a dunk with 9 seconds left, which isn't true because GU ran out the clock.

What I think happened is the ref stopped play because Ira hung on the rim a bit (the guys that fouled him were below him).

So, he ended up getting credit for the hoop -- just not right away per ESPN.

Good call GoZags. That is exactly what happened. The two points appeared before the end of the game.

ZagsGoZags
01-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks, Long Island
Of course, now that you tell me, I watched Errol for years, but just didn't put the initials to it. I don't mind asking questions that are obvious to others, and googling EK wouldn't have been sufficient, so thanks again

cggonzaga
01-15-2008, 10:08 AM
I thought they called an offensive foul on Sacre.

GreenStreetElite
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
If someone finds a link to this dunk please post it, I live in Pullman and the power went out at halftime, I wasn't to mad about missing the second half blow out but now that I hear about this dunk Im pissed.

lothar98zag
01-15-2008, 12:10 PM
not from last night, but watch this while you wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N7aVtZb6fo

& this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbtkYwJFpZo

EL MUSTACIO
01-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Sometime in the summer Ira! said (jokingly) that he expected himself to be on the ESPN top ten. Anybody know if he made it? yes, I know that it didnt count, but they have put plays on the top ten regardless.

SleepyPigs
01-15-2008, 03:49 PM
I noticed the late addition of two points also. I think one of the refs whistled goaltending but the ball went in anyway. ESPN guys were confused.

gmo
01-15-2008, 06:07 PM
That WAS pretty good Hark, but I've got to say my favorite part was the Pepp fans sitting in the chairs along the baseline. The whole game they were just sitting there kinda lull...clapping. Every now and then when GU scored, they'd throw there hands up in frustration. Watch them when Ira! drops the hammer, its hilarious. You woulda thought they were GU fans.

I was sitting right next to the guys you are referring to... if we can ever find a video of the dunk you will see my friend and i acting like dorks celebrating the dunk. One of the best i've seen in person, for sure. I cracked up when I read your post because I was right there, and hoping you weren't confusing us for Pepperdine fans!! We certainly were not wearing orange and were never upset when the Zags scored.

ZagsNP
01-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Ira! has always reminded me of EK, maybe it's the headband, and the dunks!

3XaZag
01-15-2008, 11:27 PM
I am glad they counted it....I felt robbed when the ref looked like he was waving it off.

I don't think they keep records for this...but just by memory without watching the replay.... I have at least 6 different players dunking in the same game. Thats got to be close to a team record at least. Here is the list as I saw it:

Heytfelt
Ira!
Kuso
Pargo
Grey
Sacre

And I think Daye may have got one also...

...anyone remember a game where more Zags were throwing down?

gozagswoohoo
01-16-2008, 07:06 AM
I was sitting right next to the guys you are referring to... if we can ever find a video of the dunk you will see my friend and i acting like dorks celebrating the dunk. One of the best i've seen in person, for sure. I cracked up when I read your post because I was right there, and hoping you weren't confusing us for Pepperdine fans!! We certainly were not wearing orange and were never upset when the Zags scored.

Oh, haha, thats funny. I guess I was thinking it was Pepp fans because there was a guy wearing orange (I'm pretty sure...?) But then there were a couple younger guys sitting closer to the goal. So you were one of em? Small world.

gmo
01-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Oh, haha, thats funny. I guess I was thinking it was Pepp fans because there was a guy wearing orange (I'm pretty sure...?) But then there were a couple younger guys sitting closer to the goal. So you were one of em? Small world.

Yeah, there were some Pepp fans to our right in orange and we were the younger guys closer to the basket. I watched the TiVo of it and the Pepp fans did react as well which was funny. Hope someone gets it on YouTube for anyone who missed... pretty rare to see an alley-oop dunk over two guys.

gozagswoohoo
01-16-2008, 08:59 AM
haha, AWESOME! You were on ESPN gmo! You're famous!!

gmo
01-17-2008, 10:43 AM
haha, AWESOME! You were on ESPN gmo! You're famous!!

Heck yeah I am if GoZagsWooHoo saw me!! If only I had joined the forum later, I might have even gotten the WooHoo Welcome!!

MickMick
01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Ira! has always reminded me of EK, maybe it's the headband, and the dunks!

Ira! is much more buff, but I swear that Errol played further above the rim. Someone on the board tried to convince me that Ira! has more hops, but I haven't seen it yet. Errol was like a cat...agile, could contort, twist, and land on his feet. Ira! is like Herschel Walker with springs under his shoes.

AK457
01-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I am glad they counted it....I felt robbed when the ref looked like he was waving it off.

I don't think they keep records for this...but just by memory without watching the replay.... I have at least 6 different players dunking in the same game. Thats got to be close to a team record at least. Here is the list as I saw it:

Heytfelt
Ira!
Kuso
Pargo
Grey
Sacre

And I think Daye may have got one also...

...anyone remember a game where more Zags were throwing down?

daye did have one

Ezag
01-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Ira! is much more buff, but I swear that Errol played further above the rim. Someone on the board tried to convince me that Ira! has more hops, but I haven't seen it yet. Errol was like a cat...agile, could contort, twist, and land on his feet. Ira! is like Herschel Walker with springs under his shoes.

Hopefully we will see more dunks from Ira in the coming games

MidwestZagFan
01-17-2008, 03:52 PM
:mecry: Still no video of this dunk?

Once and Future Zag
01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
:mecry: Still no video of this dunk?

I REALLY want to show my cow-orkers the double-thunder, total domination, destroyer of worlds Ira!

TokyoZag
01-18-2008, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ3kXHLiSPA

no one else did it so here you go

Ira! over two peppers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ3kXHLiSPA)

BC1210is
01-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Finally, THANK YOU!!!!! Sweet dunk!

Once and Future Zag
01-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Danke!

Zag79
01-19-2008, 07:04 PM
had a little hot mustard and some stank on it.

:lmao:

gmo
01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Unreal play, and Ira is clearly fouled.

My DVR is not hooked up online or I would have done it, thanks TokyoZag.

gmo

EL MUSTACIO
01-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Man, am i proud of IRA! right about now. Coach, put him in.:D

lothar98zag
01-21-2008, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ3kXHLiSPA

no one else did it so here you go

Ira! over two peppers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ3kXHLiSPA)
:allhail:

confirming what was stated earlier in the thread. it looked like the ref waves off the dunk, but it turns out he was calling goaltending, but since the dunk went in, it didn't matter and he was calling for the game to continue.

(fwiw, Ira was fouled twice)