• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

-----GUnit of The Game----- (LMU)

Well...took us long enough to put them away...but all in all, a dubs a dub right? Personally, I didn't see any reasoning behind playing Pargo, but then again Pargo may have been pushing Few to let him play. Who knows? But he looked a little pained out there.

My GUnit is GRAY. I just thought he had a nice game all around. He was really getting after it defensively. I like his game more everytime I watch him.

Honorable mention to Bouldin, JH, Daye...its hard to pick just one guy for this game....
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...
  • Once and Future Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

I'd say Gray as well - he's got the instincts of an assassin. Very mature heady play - aside from the bungled dunk.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• john montana
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Lots of choices tonight...excellent balance. I have to say, I loved every one of Ira's minutes. He's going to work his way into being a regular.

My pick, Bouldin. He played a great game tonight.
      john montana
      http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

• lawzag
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

I'm going with Josh - he totally dominated the paint; really took comand from the very beginning of the game.

gotta totally agree with Montana about Ira! what energy!
        Last edited by lawzag; 01-12-2008, 07:10 PM. Reason: adding comment about Ira!
        ZAGS RULE!!!

Comment

• fedwayzag
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Feb 2007

Tough call. 4 guys in double figures and Gray with 9. Awesome to see the offensive be so balanced.

I gotta go with Micah. He drives to the basket were a thing go beauty and a great pass to Sacre for the dunk. I watched Micah very closely on defense. He really plays defense hard. I think he shut down both #1 and # 33 when he was guarding them. I thought it was a great move to pull him on their point guard who was hitting the 3's.

Comment

• Rubbadub
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Bouldin. 17 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 steals and only 2 to's!
            sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• NEC26
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I thought Bouldin did a good job at point today and had a good game despite not shooting well. But I'll go with KUSO he brought alot of energy and really played good tonight.

Comment

• hockeyzag
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Jul 2007

I'm going to give Josh my G-Unit, I hope there are many more in his future this year and next.

Steven, Micah and Matt all had great games too.
                "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                  • Feb 2007

Matt...solid stats across the board.
                  "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• ZagNative
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Matt

Comment

• kitzbuel
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rubbadub View Post
                      Bouldin. 17 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 steals and only 2 to's!
                      Agree. Bouldin. That is a very complete game on both ends of the court.
                      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• CarolinaZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2007

Bouldin again

This might be the toughest one yet. Gray really (STEPP)ed up tonight. Heytvelt also was a beast. Daye was 3-3 from 3 point range which is ridiculous and unguardable with his size. Also, it was great to see Micah have a good game to hopefully boost his confidence. Pendo also led the team in rebounding with I think 8.

But once again I'm going to have to give the nod to Bouldin. He's been amazing the last several games. Tonight he had 17 points, 8 assists, 4 or 5 rebounds, and an amazing 5 steals.
                        "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Comment

• GonzagaLove
                          Kennel Club
                          • Feb 2007

bouldin
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4i2TEEgMHM

Comment

• kitzbuel
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
                            This might be the toughest one yet. Gray really (STEPP)ed up tonight. Heytvelt also was a beast. Daye was 3-3 from 3 point range which is ridiculous and unguardable with his size. Also, it was great to see Micah have a good game to hopefully boost his confidence. Pendo also led the team in rebounding with I think 8.

But once again I'm going to have to give the nod to Bouldin. He's been amazing the last several games. Tonight he had 17 points, 8 assists, 4 or 5 rebounds, and an amazing 5 steals.
                            More steals than rebounds, that is crazy.
                            'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                            - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Nevtelen
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Bouldin - changed positions and still played outstanding (even if his 3s weren't falling, he still shot 50% from the field, with the tremendous stats others have cited). He ran things well with Pargo not being a significant presence even when in the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X