PDA

View Full Version : No excuses, but......

HillBillyZag
01-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Clearly the Wooden magic or the water, or some such, had the Cougars off their game. I was disappointed, mainly because I wanted to see a game that lived up to the hype. If the Cougs had played that first half against the Zags, we would have beaten them by plenty. Both teams are terrific defenders and very physical, so I expected the officials to let them play as much as possible, unless brass knucks and/or guns were issued. Surprise, the officials called a very close ticky, tacky game especially on the Cougs end. I counted at least a half dozen times that the Uclans stepped out
while driving the line and they were bailed out by foul calls(literally & figuratively). Poor Kyle Weaver was run over so many times he probably thought he was on an RR crossing. I think the three quick calls at the start got into the Cougs heads, and they never recovered. I must give them credit though, they never quit and still scared ole Ben "Howling" and his boys a bit at the end. I think that when the Bruins venture down on the Palouse, they may be on the other end of the score. I also think that by Tourney time, we might do some bear hunting ourselves.

BobZag
01-12-2008, 03:36 PM
No excuses. WSU blaming refs vs Ucla is like the Zags blaming refs in the Tennessee game. Cougs and Zags fell behind by 18-19 points, came back to within 4-5 points and ended with a respectable score. But both were just outplayed. Can't blame the refs.

Akzag
01-12-2008, 03:38 PM
It's a good thing for the proverbial farm that I didn't lay down a wager on the under.