• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Meehan - Bill Grier, WCC and USF

Just in case you can't go an hour without some fresh Zags news ... Meehan has some new stuff up. (Thanks, Jim, for the super job you've been doing!)

A quick post before I finish up the S-R advance for Saturday's game against Loyola Marymount in Los Angeles (yes, there is another game in L.A. that day other than WSU-UCLA). I'll post the preview this afternoon.

Click below for more.

Started the morning with phone call from San Diego coach Bill Grier. The former Zag assistant was returning a call from earlier in the week. I can't squeeze his comments into the WCC preview, which will run Saturday morning, but there's always space here.

His Toreros have been wildly inconsistent, as a win at Kentucky and a 26-point loss two days later at Marshall indicate.

"Erratic is the best way to describe it," he said. "We kind of put it all together against Kentucky and played at a pretty high level. Two days later, we were a completely different team.

"Like most teams, if we're dialed in and aggressive we can beat anybody. If not, we can lose to anybody."

Standout guard Brandon Johnson didn't play in a loss to Cal State Bakersfield earlier this week. He has a deep thigh contusion that actually occurred against Kentucky. He played against Marshall, but his thigh took another shot during practice. Grier wasn't sure if Johnson would play in Saturday's game against USF.

"There's some swelling in there," Grier said.

Without Johnson, San Diego received career highs from Rob Jones (18 points) and De'Jon Jackson (17). Finding additional contributors beside Johnson and Gyno Pomare are critical "if we're going to be competitive," Grier said.
    And about coming back to Spokane for next Saturday's USD-Gonzaga game, Grier chuckled, "I'm already calling it Black Saturday."
    More here.
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
    Just in case you can't go an hour without some fresh Zags news ...
    Thanks. I can't go an hour without more news.

Comment

Working...
    X