PDA

View Full Version : more footage from Georgia game on jan. 5, 08

thornido
01-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Additional camera angles from Corey Butlers flagrant foul on Jeremy Pargo.

Flagrant foul additional views (http://www.viddler.com/explore/thornido/videos/1/)

Spokanicoug
01-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Good Lord and WOW! I had not seen that anywhere, before now. MUCH worse than I had ever imagined. He actually asserted force to force JP downward. Scary.

Pargo's my favorite Zag. Any news since "the incident"?

Nevtelen
01-11-2008, 11:59 AM
An absolute disgrace. According to Meehan's blog, Pargo is sore, but okay and certain he'll play tomorrow (perhaps with perhaps without back padding).

hondo46
01-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm not saying that Butler is a terrible thug but if there is no consequence to that act then we can expect that kind of behavior to increase. By doing nothing both U of Georgia and the NCAA are condoning this sort of flagrant violence and that is very bad for college basketball.

billyberu
01-11-2008, 04:11 PM
According to Georgia fans it was warranted because Pargo was trying to disrespect them by dunking the ball to end the game. That seems to be Felton's justification as well. And, hey, it's all good because Butler apologized.

On a side note, I was at BIS when a Tenn. player dunked the ball to end the game. He was roundly booed, but managed it unscathed. I'm glad our players didn't retaliate. It shows class.

SunDevilGolfZag
01-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Totally agree with Hondo. Also, I know that coaches all try to get along, but I'd be curious how Few stands on this or if GU has any input into a suspension, or lack thereof. The foul was reprehensible. How can the SEC and NCAA possibly miss this one? I don't get it.

AK457
01-11-2008, 04:29 PM
On a side note, I was at BIS when a Tenn. player dunked the ball to end the game. He was roundly booed, but managed it unscathed. I'm glad our players didn't retaliate. It shows class.

yeah i was gonna mention that. tenn dunked and no one got all pissy