PDA

View Full Version : Our "new and improved model'?

HillBillyZag
01-11-2008, 10:44 AM
I sure hoping that with practice, experience, and more "big man" schooling that Rob Sacre will be a bigger, stronger, more skilled & athletic version of Brockman, Baynes, and similar paint warriors.

former1dog
01-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Rob has a lot of talent and potential, but he's got a long ways to go to get into Brockman stratosphere. On the way, he'll get to Baines level ability.

FuManShoes
01-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Agree Rob's got the body to become that kind of banger, but he'll have to develop the touch and more importantly, the desire those two show. Brockman is a beast with great, great hands -- he probably accomplishes more as an undersized big than all but a handful of guys in college hoops. Baynes has that rare ability like JP did to seemingly make the simple but right play whenever he's on the low block. A lot of it is positioning, but also finesse and savvy. I was really, really impressed with how he broke up several lob passes against the Huskies and even took it at Brockman. He seemed a step ahead of the Dawgs everytime they tried to bait him. And he makes free throws. Key.

MickMick
01-11-2008, 11:19 AM
I would be very surprized if Sacre ever approximates the offensive skills of Brockman. Too much ground to make up. I can envision his game being similar to Baynes though.

zag67
01-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I think that by his Junior year, he has the potential of being in that group. I am not going to say better than Brockman, because I think that their games will be different and hard to compare.

I think that the time he had early this year will help him understand what he needs and how much work it is going to take to get there. Like has been said many times earlier, the injury to Josh got him more minutes. This will help, maybe some this year (if we can blow enough teams out for him to get a lot of minutes) and especially next year (to be able to build on those early games).

Nevtelen
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I haven't seen him play yet, but it sounds like Brock might have a game similar to Brockman's - tough, athletic but not bouncy, multifaceted...

malmer7
01-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Sacre will definitely get a chance to improve his skills during WCC play, but by the end of this year, he will still have A LOT of work to get to Brockman or Baynes' level. However, I've seen the GU coaching staff teach a lot of big men with little athletic ability to have a gem cutter's touch around the rim - by the end of his tenure at GU, he'll be an 18 pt. 12 reb's a game type of guy.