PDA

View Full Version : Wsu vindicates ranking...

upan8th
01-10-2008, 10:34 PM
The Cougs went into So Cal tonite and spanked USC. Yes, the Trojans had lost back to back vs Stanford and Cal last weekend, perhaps justifying criticism that their young phenoms had yet to jell into a formidable group.

Nevertheless, this was a solid statement made by WSU in the face of national skepticism regarding their elevated (4 or 5 in the polls) ranking. WSU was actually the betting dog in the game-(+2). Like the Zags, the Cougs (and Cougs may no longer be viewed as a term of choking derision, got it?) seem to be improving game by game.

Certainly looking forward to weekend clash with vaunted UCLA at Pauley where WSU, despite ranking just a notch or two below the Bruins in the polls, are sure to be at least a 5 to 8 pt dogs in the wagering.

HillBillyZag
01-10-2008, 10:54 PM
I hope they can take Mr Love & the vaunted UClans apart on Sat. And I hope they keep on winning until GU gets them in the "Dance" and we can administer a little "payback". " Go Cougs until we meet again!"

Rubbadub
01-11-2008, 05:52 AM
I feel that Baines will manhandle Love

former1dog
01-11-2008, 06:57 AM
I feel that Baines will manhandle Love

Not so sure about that. Love is much more skilled than Baines and he's not exactly a small little guy out there.

I don't know if it was an anomaly, but Baines sure had trouble holding onto the ball and finishing against USC.

HillBillyZag
01-11-2008, 10:55 AM
After watching Kyle Weaver shut down our Matty, blank Appleby, and frustrate O.J. Mayo, IMHO there is not a better all around defender in the College game. I feel so strongly about this that I would add Kyle to my very short list of guys who would have made great Zags. ie.. Brandon Roy, Brockman, and now Weaver. All are Warriors, but have great attitudes and even better work habits.