• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagzealot
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Huskies booster offered $200K for coach's firing

This is disgusting!
    Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
    f∞
  • Rubbadub
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

You mean that Willingham still has a job? Or that there isn't more outrage about the ineptitude of Romar?
    sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• lothar98zag
      PostPadder General
      • Feb 2007

...not the first time this type of thing has happened (SCU & Davey ring a bell), but the WAY it was done. wow! just - WOW!
      youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• zagzealot
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rubbadub View Post
        You mean that Willingham still has a job? Or that there isn't more outrage about the ineptitude of Romar?
        I don't argue for one moment that Willingham is questionable in that position. The football program has been in shambles for awhile.

My disgust is with the fact that big $ and power think that they can (and maybe they can!) influence the hirings and firings of these coaches by dangling their 'carrots' in the faces of the administrators. I'm thinking about GU for example - what happens when we have a down year with our bball team - or a couple of down years. Will we have the big boosters writing letters to the big cheeses saying they'll withhold their donations for scholarships, buildings, etc if they don't make some 'changes'?

And it's not even $ trying to influence things - some of those letters that were written were just trying to influence decisions one way or another. Veiled threats? Implied 'atta boys'? I don't know, but I think it stinks.
        Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
        f∞

Comment

• zag944
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

People don't get it. Willingham has not done a bad job, but people are calling for his head already.

This year they played THREE teams that were in BCS games, AND they played Oregon when they were a top 5 team (Oregon wouldve been BCS had Dixon not gotten injured in all likelihood). ASU, Cal, Bosie were also games that no one expected the Dawgs to win before the season. They won a few games no one expected them to and they lost to some of the less respected Pac 10 teams. Either way, I don't think ANY reasonable person would have looked at that schedule preseason and expected 5 wins...even if Spurrier was coaching.

He inherited a team in shambles and has built it up. Gilbertsons squad wouldn't have won a single one of the games that Tyrone's did. Huskies were in basically every game. Now Tyrone is starting to get his players.

Programs need to be built, and getting a new coach typically starts over the rebuilding process. If he is only winning 4 games after 5 seasons THEN can him.

If I was another Pac 10/West Coast school I would be getting in every high profile Husky recruits ear about the split in Husky Nation. Show them the fan blogs and Times articles. All of these counterproductive issues are holding the huskies back way more than any coach could.

thats my opinion

Comment

• Zagpower
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

I kind of think this is funny. This Hansen sounds like a fool that is full of himself. UW should just decline his money and distance itself from him. $100,000 is not exactly huge donor money by UW's standards. It's not like this guy is T. Boone Pickens or Phil Knight donating millions of dollars to a school.

I heard this guy was a lawyer? How could he not know the danger of sending emails like that to a State University employee?

Comment

Working...
            X