PDA

View Full Version : FYI - Theo Davis news

lothar98zag
02-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Theo Davis to be charged Tuesday
http://www.kxly.com/news/?sect_rank=1&section_id=559&story_id=8846

Cheney Police have confirmed that Gonzaga Basketball player Theo Davis, arrested earlier for drug possession earlier this month during a traffic stop, will be charged with misdemeanor drug possession Tuesday.

(more info @ the above link)

tobizag
02-26-2007, 05:08 PM
I was just posting the same thing...leave it to the postpaddergeneral to beat me to the punch.

*sigh ...good find lothar...

Hopefully everthing works out for Theo.

zagster318
02-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Must be a slow lifetime in Cheney. They should give Theo adjudicated deferment.

ZagDaddy
02-26-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure if they should charge him with possession of a half joint or of being too stupid to not have eaten a half a joint. D-U-M-B :rolleyes:

mdZag23
02-26-2007, 05:22 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I'm assuming this is his first offense; why can't we just give him his fine and community service and move on?

ZagAddict
02-26-2007, 05:39 PM
2 weeks to decide on whether or not to change a kid for 1/2 joint. The county prosecutor's office already decided not to proceed with charges. The city of Cheney is really making the most of this opportunity... too bad. The kid made a mistake; now let him move on with his life rather than keep him in limbo.

lothar98zag
02-26-2007, 05:55 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I'm assuming this is his first offense; why can't we just give him his fine and community service and move on?

He's only being charged. He's still a long way from (possibly) being convicted.

MedZag
02-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Word on the street is that at the first opportunity possible, Davis made a very sincere apology to the entire team and has expressed remorse at being in the situation. It is also apparent he was completely oblivious of the shrooms.

This could be the one and only chance for a kid like him, so here's hoping he gets a second chance.

GU69
02-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Word on the street is that at the first opportunity possible, Davis made a very sincere apology to the entire team and has expressed remorse at being in the situation. It is also apparent he was completely oblivious of the shrooms.

This is the kind of news that I have been waiting to read.

This does it for me. If it were up to me I'd remove the suspension for Theo, and get him back with the team.

KNIGHT22RIMROKR
02-26-2007, 07:47 PM
I had a cop take 3 1/2 grams of weed from me and let me walk. glad I was not in cheney. What a waste of time. they should just drop it.

spudzag
02-27-2007, 08:29 AM
I'd support GU69 suggestion. I love Theo's additude and think he deserves a break.

I do like the sugesstion of just eating the half joint. Didn't occur to me as it obviously didn't to Theo. Must not be devious. A good sign.