PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Shame

RenoZag
01-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Congrats to the Goose. . .http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2006/01/11/IpNjxwhn.jpg for making it to Cooperstown.

Shame on whoever voted for Brady Anderson, Shawon Dunston, Chuck Finley, Robb Nenn. . .

Sorry, but Andre Dawson, Jim Rice, and Dale Murphy ought to be in, IMO.

zag69
01-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Sorry, but Andre Dawson, Jim Rice, and Dale Murphy ought to be in, IMO.

Bert Blyleven too?

RenoZag
01-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Bert Blyleven too?

I'm not sure 'bout Bert.

Wasn't he in the same rotation ( for the Angels ) at the same time as Ryan & Tananna(sp). . .I vaguely remember Monte Moore calling A's games on the radio and those 3 guys were hella on back-to-back-to-back nights. . .

BobZag
01-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Goose should've gotten in years ago. The voters have turned this HOF into a joke. Jim Rice wasn't nice to reporters so now those pouty ####ies will teach him a lesson, boy.

DoggieDogpound
01-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I agree - Goose should have been voted in sooner. He didn't need any lead in songs to generate crowd excitement - all it took was for him to start warming up in the bullpen.

I ran into him in a Mission Valley bar one time, just after a Padre game was over - it was just after then owner Joan Kroc had banned beer in the clubhouse. He spoke his mind to the press - "She won't let us have beer in the clubhouse, but she is poisoning the world with her cheeseburgers".

sdzag
01-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I love it when an old Padre gets into the hall! Even if he only played in SD for 4 seasons. This guy had one of the greatest facial hair looks ever! I don't even care if Gossage never threw a pitch, the stache is stuff of legend!

DoggieDogpound
01-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I love it when an old Padre gets into the hall! Even if he only played in SD for 4 seasons. This guy had one of the greatest facial hair looks ever! I don't even care if Gossage never threw a pitch, the stache is stuff of legend!

He still has that same legendary stache.

mtzaga
01-09-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure 'bout Bert.

Wasn't he in the same rotation ( for the Angels ) at the same time as Ryan & Tananna(sp). . .I vaguely remember Monte Moore calling A's games on the radio and those 3 guys were hella on back-to-back-to-back nights. . .

A 287-250 record does not cut it. He won 20 games once.