PDA

View Full Version : Andy Poling / Westview vs Mountain View

75Zag
01-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Westview comes to Vancouver, Wa to play Mountain View this Friday at 7pm. Poling is having a pretty good year, and it should be interesting to watch him play on the HS level before he moves on to GU in the fall. Mountain View games have been well attended, so if you want to go, you might want to arrive a bit early to get a decent seat.

MickMick
01-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I have never lost faith in the young man. If Robert Sacre is the barometer for a redshirt, then I don't see it for Poling either. I like his offensive skills.

BC1210is
01-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I saw Andy play a couple games in the LSI and I think the coaching staff is disappointed with his development. Tommy Lloyd was there for one of the games. I was not impressed with his strength and aggression. With his size he should be much more dominant at the HS level. I see him red-shirting, and not getting much PT. Reminds me a little of Foster but not the shot blocker he is.
One kid that stood out to me was a sophomore guard from Jesuit, Stephen Holt. He had 22 points in his last game against Skyview (WA). Very athletic guard with family basketball history. Not sure if he is good enough for an offer from GU but will be interesting to keep an eye on.

CDC84
01-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Poling has got more offensive skills than Foster does - I've seen it on video tape, even in his games versus Kevin Love. And this was at a time when he was struggling with that mystery illness. But I agree, he really needs to redshirt next season. I still think he is going to be a really good D-1 big man by the time he's an upperclassmen, but it is going to take time.