PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up on TV Coverage - Monday 2/26

BobZag
02-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Gonzaga University’s men’s basketball game Saturday against the University of San Francisco in War Memorial Gym on the USF campus will start at 12:30 p.m. and be regionally televised on ABC-TV. Fans should check local listings for the time and station in their area. Most schedules reflect a 3:30 p.m. start for Saturday’s contest.

Monday’s regular-season finale at the University of San Diego will start at 7 p.m. and be televised on KHQ-TV (Spokane), Fox College Sports (check local listing) and Cox Cable 4SD (San Diego).

drnoe
02-22-2007, 02:23 PM
In the L.A. market, Saturday's 12:30 time slot is still listed as TBD. We'll probably get Marquette v. N.D. instead. :mad:

UberZagFan
02-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Fox College Sports (check local listing).

What exactly does this mean? Will FCS carry the game Western WA?

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3692/60x60jessicaalbawg9.jpg

http://3gold.com/pictures/avatar/11.gif

lothar98zag
02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3324406

See page 2 - the Monday game will be on FCS - Central
The game will NOT be on FSNW - They will be showing the Sonics vs Blazers game that starts at the same time.

Also, Saturday's game is supposed to be on ESPN Full Court - so (in theory) those fans that don't get to see it on ABC still have a way to watch the game.

BoltZag
02-22-2007, 03:06 PM
In the L.A. market, Saturday's 12:30 time slot is still listed as TBD. We'll probably get Marquette v. N.D. instead. :mad:

Nope. The entire West Coast will get the GU/USF feed on ABC. As lothar mentioned, others can pick it up on Full Court, if you have that [otherwise useless] package.

sullyzag66
02-22-2007, 03:50 PM

See page 2 - the Monday game will be on FCS - Central
The game will NOT be on FSNW - They will be showing the Sonics vs Blazers game that starts at the same time.

They have that game listed as San Diego at Gonzaga. I hope they send the cameras to the right place.

Kiddwell
02-22-2007, 08:13 PM
...the game will be telecast in the LA area. I set my DVR to record it yesterday.

I'm kinda happy to see it being broadcast on ABC given the difficult year the Zags have had.

Difficult, yes, but a couple tournaments are almost at hand. And a once-difficult year in the course of a couple tournaments can transform into a glorious year.

:]

drnoe
02-23-2007, 06:50 AM
Thanks BoltZag -- my Dish DVR still says TBD for Saturday's game, but I'll take your word for it. Now I've got to figure out a way to watch Monday night's game, since Dish doesn't offer FCS.

gozagswoohoo
02-23-2007, 11:49 AM
...............someone please decipher...this one's way to difficult to use my standard time conversion knowledge...

BoltZag
02-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Now I've got to figure out a way to watch Monday night's game, since Dish doesn't offer FCS.

That's easy...just come to the game. Tickets are still available through the Slim Gym ticket office.

lothar98zag
02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
...............someone please decipher...this one's way to difficult to use my standard time conversion knowledge...
Sat - 2:30 woohoo time; most likely not shown locally on ABC; must find ESPN Full Court to see game

Mon - 9pm woohoo time; if have cable, find Fox College Sports - Central to see game; if have a dish, probably have to go out to see the game

drnoe
02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
KABC Ch. 7 (L.A.) is just now showing Zags-Dons in their updated local listings - game time 12:30 PST.:D

Birddog
02-23-2007, 08:02 PM
http://espn-ak.starwave.com/i/ncaa/fullcourt/2006/270552539.jpg

This is the area that will see the USF/GU game on ABC. All other areas can purchase the single day ESPN full Court for $14.95 from your satellite or cable provider.

Birddog

Nevtelen
02-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Anybody know anywhere in S King County (specifically Kent or Auburn) that might carry FCS for the Mon game? I've had problems finding anywhere previously, but since it's a work night I don't want to have to drive into downtown to go to Sport or somewhere.

lothar98zag
02-23-2007, 10:54 PM
http://espn-ak.starwave.com/i/ncaa/fullcourt/2006/270552539.jpg

This is the area that will see the USF/GU game on ABC. All other areas can purchase the single day ESPN full Court for $14.95 from your satellite or cable provider.

Birddog

:confused: That map makes it look like the game won't be on ABC in the greater Bay Area, but ABC 7's website lists the game...so I guess those Zag fans around SF that won't be at the game (I hope there aren't any) will be able to watch it on ABC...

Gozags99
02-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Is anybody else seeing college hockey listed on Fox College Sports Central for Monday's game at 9 pm CST? Along with the Badgers Sports Report? Hopefully it will change in time like they did for the Portland game last Monday.

tyra
02-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Comcast cable's TV schedule does not yet show the Monday night game on FCS Central (or anywhere else). I am glad to go to a sports bar somewhere if I have to but it would be nice to know for sure if they are going to televise the game.

fedwayzag
02-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone know of a place to view the game on Monday. Would like to watch the game with some other GU fans.

SamwiseTheZag
02-26-2007, 07:30 AM
I looked at the schedule tonight and didn't see the game?
I remember seeing somewhere on the old board that San Diego had an exclusive Cable deal with Cox Cable, and that their home games were only shown locally?

Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

If so, what a stupid agreement for USD to put themselves in if they are interested in recruiting anyone outside the San Diego area.

Typical bush league WCC nonsense in my opinion.

FlatheadZag
02-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Same situation here in Montana. Every game this season has been televised between ESPN and Fox Sports NW. So it will be a bummer to miss the final game of the regular season. Fox Sports NW has an NBA game listed on it's schedule, but Sonics games are blacked out here, so I'm hoping they will show our beloved Zags instead. We don't get KHQ (NBC) here.

Anyone know of some other options to view tonight? Also, anyone know if the WCC tourney will be televised (other than the finals on ESPN)?

sullyzag66
02-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Check BobZag's sticky above. lothar98zag posted this link:

On the second page of this document it says that the game will be televised on Fox College Sports (FCS) Central. The question is, which providers carry this station? I can't find it listed on DirecTV and someone posted that Dish doesn't carry that channel. Guess I'll start surfing at 7:00PM and see what I can find.

zagirl2k
02-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Fox College Central is a digital cable only channel, its usually in a sports pack of channels that is $5 extra per month.

My advice, find a friend with a good cable package and offer to bring refreshments ;)

Nevtelen
02-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Comcast cable's TV schedule does not yet show the Monday night game on FCS Central (or anywhere else). I am glad to go to a sports bar somewhere if I have to but it would be nice to know for sure if they are going to televise the game.

The Fox website does indeed list it at being on FCS Central at 7:00. So I hope they're right...

SintoZag
02-26-2007, 08:32 AM
The game is not listed as being on any on any of the FOX sports regional channels on my Dish Network guide. Shouldn't it be on FSNWest or FSNSW even if it will not be on FSNNW because of the Sonics game. I will be pissed if I get aced out because it is not on any of the regional FSN's only this FSC channel that only seams to be on regular cable.:mad:

SamwiseTheZag
02-26-2007, 08:36 AM
I bought the Sports package with Comcast this season, and there have been a few games on that weren't on FSN, however the game is NOT listed on either the TV Guide on my cable box at home this morning or on the Comcast website as of this morning.

I have a bad feeling that Seattlites are SOL on this one, unless something changes between now and the tip.

BTW, what time is tip off? I have heard 9:00 and 7:00.

Nevtelen
02-26-2007, 08:36 AM
It should be on FCS Central. Their website lists it, so that's what I'm going with. I ordered the stupid channel for tonight, so I _hope_ it's going to be there...

Nevtelen
02-26-2007, 08:39 AM
It's at 7. Keep the faith... it'll be on! FCS Central, I'm counting on you!!

mtzaga
02-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Sinto...I feel your pain, but you could be SOL just like me. My cable company does not have Fox College Sports. DirecTV does not have it either. The Sonics are on both FSNW channels. Portland @ USF is on CSNW. A poker tournament is on FSRM. No Zags.

SintoZag
02-26-2007, 09:23 AM
that we all buy the complete FSN package so that we can see every game then they go and put the final game of the season on FSC which only people with regular cable can get because those companies don't want to offer all the other FSN channels.

SamwiseTheZag
02-26-2007, 09:28 AM
I hope you are right

SintoZag
02-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Correct me if any of this is wrong!
FCS Central is part of the three game Fox package that is offered on Comcast and most other cable companies as an alretnative to having people be able to purchase a package that includes the 20 or so regional Fox sporta packages. It cost about 5 bucks and plays a seleciton of sports from those regional channels.

Those of use on a Satilite system such as dish or directTV do not have access to this three station package because for 6 bucks we can purchase the entire regional network of FSN channels (FSNNW FSNRM etc..)

As a result people that have all the FSN channels will not be able to see the game but people with the three channel package will be able to see it. I can not for the life of me figure out why they are not showing this game on at least one of the FSN channels. I know FSNW has the Sonics and West or Bay Area also has and NBA game, but why don't they show it on SW or W2? I am sure live b-ball will get better ratings than a rerun poker challage thing that no one understand.:confused:

229SintoZag
02-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Those of us with Dish and DirecTV should not despair. Last time we had a Fox College Sports broadcast (Sonics conflict) it was on one of the "regional sports alternate" channels on DirecTV here in Seattle. (For an example, DirecTV channel 648 is one of several of these channels).

My guess is we get it on one of these channels tonight--the kicker is we just wont know which one until the game starts. Whoever figures it out first, post here so we know where to look.

former1dog
02-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Those of us with Dish and DirecTV should not despair. Last time we had a Fox College Sports broadcast (Sonics conflict) it was on one of the "regional sports alternate" channels on DirecTV here in Seattle. (For an example, DirecTV channel 648 is one of several of these channels).

My guess is we get it on one of these channels tonight--the kicker is we just wont know which one until the game starts. Whoever figures it out first, post here so we know where to look.

Hope you're right. Aren't we the spoiled bunch though. It wasn't that long ago that we were all watching game tracker and listening on the radio if lucky. :)

madness
02-26-2007, 09:36 AM
TVguide.com lists GU-USD on FCS 414 (the central station) as of now:

http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?id=1182562&sourcetype=s

Huge game and hopefully everyone is feeling better

zagirl2k
02-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Correct me if any of this is wrong!
FCS Central is part of the three game Fox package that is offered on Comcast and most other cable companies as an alretnative to having people be able to purchase a package that includes the 20 or so regional Fox sporta packages. It cost about 5 bucks and plays a seleciton of sports from those regional channels.

Those of use on a Satilite system such as dish or directTV do not have access to this three station package because for 6 bucks we can purchase the entire regional network of FSN channels (FSNNW FSNRM etc..)

As a result people that have all the FSN channels will not be able to see the game but people with the three channel package will be able to see it. I can not for the life of me figure out why they are not showing this game on at least one of the FSN channels. I know FSNW has the Sonics and West or Bay Area also has and NBA game, but why don't they show it on SW or W2? I am sure live b-ball will get better ratings than a rerun poker challage thing that no one understand.:confused:

You summed things up pretty well. I just looked and FSBA doesn't have anything very interesting on tonight (no NBA or NHL) so it seems like one of the west coast channels could pick it up, but unfortunately it doesn't look like it is going to happen. If the Fox Bay Area people paid attention to how many Zag fans attend the 3 Bay Area games each year it would seem like a no brainer to show the game over Destination Wild and Poker Superstars.

FWIW, the game IS listed on my cable guide down here in the Bay Area on FCS Central (someone said it wasn't on theirs in Seattle) but sometimes it isn't listed and still is shown.

Good luck to the satellite folks, once you get used to watching all the games on tv, it is tough to have it unavailable in a case like this. :(

TR11Zag
02-26-2007, 10:12 AM
It is on Comcast Channel 414 FCS

Direct TV and Dish Network are not showing the listing, but I believe both carry FSC Pacific.

If you do not have the game but have Comcast Digital cable, you can call and activate the sports pack and it will be available instantly.

Most bars worth their snuff will be able to show it.

Happy viewing! GO ZAGS!

http://msn.foxsports.com/tv/schedule?regionCategoryId=270

tobizag
02-26-2007, 10:14 AM
thanks for the info TR11...you may want to post this in the other threads as well...I know my dad will be happy to hear he gets to watch the game!

Go Zags!

Yo TR11...3 months til I eat cake.

J-Lo
02-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Mrs. TR11 makes some delicious cake.

AllezZags
02-26-2007, 10:26 AM
comcast digital (for PDX) does not show the GU v USD game on any fox channel.
http://tvplanner.comcast.net/?initView=schedule-grid&noLanding=true&lid=LNavTVPlan&cid=ILC-comcastnet&area=leftnav

I guess I'll be finding a Zag friendly bar...

TR11Zag
02-26-2007, 10:27 AM
I have cake scraps....if anyone needs any....J-Lo?

TR11Zag
02-26-2007, 10:30 AM
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=834

AllezZags
02-26-2007, 10:33 AM
confirm the time?

tobizag
02-26-2007, 10:39 AM
7 pm PST

gozagswoohoo
02-26-2007, 10:43 AM
9pm woohoo standard

229SintoZag
02-26-2007, 10:45 AM
You summed things up pretty well. I just looked and FSBA doesn't have anything very interesting on tonight (no NBA or NHL) so it seems like one of the west coast channels could pick it up, but unfortunately it doesn't look like it is going to happen. If the Fox Bay Area people paid attention to how many Zag fans attend the 3 Bay Area games each year it would seem like a no brainer to show the game over Destination Wild and Poker Superstars.

FWIW, the game IS listed on my cable guide down here in the Bay Area on FCS Central (someone said it wasn't on theirs in Seattle) but sometimes it isn't listed and still is shown.

Good luck to the satellite folks, once you get used to watching all the games on tv, it is tough to have it unavailable in a case like this. :(

To add insult here, the Portland-USF game is being broadcast on DirecTV channel 656 tonight. So if we cannot get the Zags we can at least get that critical WCC showdown.

tyra
02-26-2007, 10:58 AM
I believe that the channel on which tight's game is being cablecast is a part of the sports premium package. If so, btw, you can order that over the phone and it will be immediately activated. It is something like a $2 hook up fee and $5 per month charge thereafter.

TR11Zag
02-26-2007, 10:59 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/tv/schedule?regionCategoryId=270

Shows the game on channel 414 at 7.

BoltZag
02-26-2007, 10:59 AM
It is on Comcast Channel 414 FCS Pacific (not central).

Direct TV and Dish Network are not showing the listing, but I believe both carry FSC Pacific.

As posted about 17 times on other posts, FCS is for digital cable subscribers [B]only and cannot be picked up on Dish or DirecTV.

former1dog
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
9pm woohoo standard

WHAT THE ? Woo Hoo, you feelin' alright? That is exactly right.

gozagswoohoo
02-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Woo Hoo, you feelin' alright? That is exactly right.

I ate breakfast this morning, and they say that makes you smarter all day long. So, I guess it was the cocoa pebbles!

229SintoZag
02-26-2007, 11:18 AM
As posted about 17 times on other posts, FCS is for digital cable subscribers [B]only and cannot be picked up on Dish or DirecTV.

Sort of. My bet is that this is on DTV and Dish on the regional sports alternate channels. This is what happened last time we had a FCS broadcast (cannot remember the game).

lothar98zag
02-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Regarding tv listings not showing tonight's game on FoxCollegeSports-Central:

The same thing happened last week - if the FCS website says it is showing the game you can trust that site. (even though yahoo tv or tivo doesn't list it, you can relax)

hondo
02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Where is this cake and how much is left?

SintoZag
02-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Some people seam to not be able to understand the Fox Sports Central is part of the channel package (Pacific and East) only available on digital, it is not a regional station that people with a Dish can get. It is not a just a matter of signing up. I am betting on the Alt station since that is what happened last time, although some of them are already assigned for tonight.

Oregon Zag
02-26-2007, 12:13 PM
I don't see it listed on my dish network schedule here in central Oregon.

BoltZag
02-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Speaking of TV...Dave O'Brien and Rick "o-fense" Majerus will call the Semi-Finals on Sunday evening and the Championship game on Monday evening on ESPN2/ESPN respectively.

Zman
02-26-2007, 03:22 PM
The greater Seattle area will receive the game via Kong Channel 6, just like they did for the WSU vs Oregon game last week. No need to sweat over FOX, FCS,FOX............

Go Zags-I'm here for ya

Z