PDA

View Full Version : Random USF Game Events

Angelo Roncalli
02-26-2007, 09:41 AM
1. Before the game, my wife, daughter and I had breakfast at Lori's Diner on Powell. We were wearing our Zag gear. When I looked at the check after the meal, the waiter had written on the bottom: "Go Zags! Kick the Dons' ###!" That earned a $10 tip.

2. We were sitting next to family (middle age guy, wife, teenage daughter) at the game. About half way through the second half, Johnny Dukes hit a 3 he had no business taking and I muttered to myself "I can't believe that he hit that POS shot (and I said POS, not the full term). The guy turns to me and says sternly: "We keep it clean in here!" When USF went into their "half-court" offense with about 3 minutes left, I said to my daughter "this is our chance to win this game." The guy glared at me. I smiled. Then with each ensuing USF wild shot with the clock running down, he'd cut loose with a stream of obscenities. I kept smiling. During the break before overtime, I asked him if Watkins was hurt. "How the hell should I know?" he belllowed. I smiled. When USF went to the hack-a-Rav strategy in OT, he'd finally had enough. He grabbed his coat and grunted "S###, let's get the hell out of here." I couldn't help myself and called out to him as he left "hey, let's keep it clean in here."

3. Is that blown on insulation on the ceiling of War Memorial Gym asbestos?

4. The USF student section had a hand-made sign that depicted the back of milk carton with Josh's picture on it with a caption that said "Missing: Josh Heytvelt." I'd give it a B+ for creativity, but I wonder how effective it was at taking Josh out of his game???

RenoZag
02-26-2007, 09:47 AM
1. Before the game, my wife, daughter and I had breakfast at Lori's Diner on Powell. We were wearing our Zag gear. When I looked at the check after the meal, the waiter had written on the bottom: "Go Zags! Kick the Dons' ###!" That earned a $10 tip.

2. We were sitting next to family (middle age guy, wife, teenage daughter) at the game. About half way through the second half, Johnny Dukes hit a 3 he had no business taking and I muttered to myself "I can't believe that he hit that POS shot (and I said POS, not the full term). The guy turns to me and says sternly: "We keep it clean in here!" When USF went into their "half-court" offense with about 3 minutes left, I said to my daughter "this is our chance to win this game." The guy glared at me. I smiled. Then with each ensuing USF
turnover or wild shot with the clock running down, he'd cut loose with a stream of obscenities. I kept smiling. During the break before overtime, I asked him if Watkins was hurt. "How the hell should I know?" he belllowed. I smiled. When USF went to the hack-a-Rav strategy in OT, he'd finally had enough. He grabbed his coat and grunted "S###, let's get the hell out of here." I couldn't help myself and called out to him as he left "hey, let's keep it clean in here."

3. Is that blown on insulation on the ceiling of War Memorial Gym asbestos?

4. The USF student section had a hand-made sign that depicted the back of milk carton with Josh's picture on it with a caption that said "Missing: Josh Heytvelt." I'd give it a B+ for creativity, but I wonder how effective it was at taking Josh out of his game???

Angelo, that generous tip brought good karma to the Zags. . .! The grumpy dude had it coming. . .

J-Lo
02-26-2007, 09:58 AM

:) Hilarious

BobZag
02-26-2007, 10:46 AM
http://www.thepelhams.org/zags/video/zombie.html

lothar98zag
02-26-2007, 12:22 PM
2. We were sitting next to family (middle age guy, wife, teenage daughter) at the game. About half way through the second half, Johnny Dukes hit a 3 he had no business taking and I muttered to myself "I can't believe that he hit that POS shot (and I said POS, not the full term). The guy turns to me and says sternly: "We keep it clean in here!" When USF went into their "half-court" offense with about 3 minutes left, I said to my daughter "this is our chance to win this game." The guy glared at me. I smiled. Then with each ensuing USF wild shot with the clock running down, he'd cut loose with a stream of obscenities. I kept smiling. During the break before overtime, I asked him if Watkins was hurt. "How the hell should I know?" he belllowed. I smiled. When USF went to the hack-a-Rav strategy in OT, he'd finally had enough. He grabbed his coat and grunted "S###, let's get the hell out of here." I couldn't help myself and called out to him as he left "hey, let's keep it clean in here."

Stay Classy USF!

http://www.snazzytown.com/rbk1.jpg