PDA

View Full Version : Advice on tickets

jpwils
01-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Looking for two tickets to either SMC or Santa Clara games AT these locales.
I am cheap and do not want to pay for the "3 game Packages" currently offered by these opportunistic schools...any suggestions?

hondo46
01-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Go ahead and pay for the package, it's really not a bad deal. Your tickets to those games at K2 would be much more if you factor in the additional costs of buying the ticket. I'm surprised there are still tickets out there for those games. Better grab them while you can.

lothar98zag
01-03-2008, 04:08 PM
If you want to see the GU @ SMC game you'll have to "scalp" tix somehow - that game is sold out. And make sure you get tix b4 gameday. You DO NOT want to drive to the game and be stuck in the middle of nowhere w/o a game tix. The onsite scalping is minimal.

I'm not sure about the SCU game, but if there are tix available, I'd say buy them - hondo is right, the package tix are cheaper than a single tix to a home GU game. But unlike @ SMC, if you do decide to show up w/o a tix, you should be able to find someone willing to part with 1 or 2 tix in the parking lot, probably even at face value - just make sure to hide your GU colors until after the sale is made.

DenDiegoZag
01-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Agree with both replies above. We just got tickets on stub hub for SMC, and at about $70 a piece they are looking more and more like a great deal. Also the 3-4 game packages really are a good deal considering the small arenas and importance of the WCC games this year. The SCU package is very similar to that offered by USD and others (I wish that we could pick the "other games" but that is an argument for another day). While it makes me mad that I have to buy tickets to 2-3 "junk" games, I take it as a compliment to the draw that the Zags have at away venues year-in-and-year-out...