• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buster
    Redshirt
    • Dec 2007

See who's who in RPI

Interesting to note the no. 2/3 team in each ranking and the no. 66/54 team in each. Who would have guessed.

NCAA college basketball RPI rankings and ratings for 2023, updated daily for all teams and available historically for every day of the 2023 season.

Go Zags
  • SteelCityZag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Aug 2007

Could this mean that a win (or two) over St. Mary's during the WCC regular season might actually boost our RPI?

If so, I am flabbergasted.

Comment

• CDC84
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

explanation

Based on info at kenpom.com =

UCLA has only played two teams below 137 in the RPI: Michigan State (12), who they beat, and Texas (19), who they lost to. They've played 7 teams that are 175+ in the RPI, including two 300+ teams.

The only top 50 team Georgetown has faced is Memphis (1), who they lost to. Their next best opponent, Alabama (72), they beat. Every other team they've faced has a RPI of 156 or greater, with four 260+ RPI teams among that group.

St. Mary's (3) has played 8 games against top 100 opponents. They have three top 50 wins, and the've only played two games versus 146+ RPI teams.

Scheduling is playing a huge part in the RPI rankings at this moment.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

I am happy to see us ranked where we are, I thought we would be lower. There is still plenty of time for us to climb into glory this season.

I liked Brian's observation so much:
        he thinks some previous GU teams were peaking by Nov 30, as far as having a functioning, integrated team offense
        and that this team, he expects, has not peaked yet and has more growing to do, and that we will probably be much more mature, as a team, by March
        that was a comforting opinion to read, for me

Comment

• TennesseeFan07
          Bulldog Fan
          • Dec 2007

The RPI isn't that big of a deal as of now. Just ask Florida from the past 2 years. I don't think they were anywhere near the radar until conference season started. So as the year goes on it picks up significance. I wouldn't be too concerned where you, or your opponets are.
          I'm a Vol fan, I come in peace, I'll be a reasonable, level-headed fan. At least I'll try

Comment

• Buster
            Redshirt
            • Dec 2007

Zags rpi goes down, as usual, in conference

So, given how low the WCC teams are rated, GU will really take a dive in rpi once the conference play begins. UCLA's ranking may be an indicator of how far the ranking could easily fall, especially if we don't win games, or even the conference. This isn't anything new, but, I thought it was somewhat indicative of where things could go.

Go Zags

Comment

• Reborn
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

Gonzaga, I believe also has 8 in the top 100. We have 1 in the top 10, one in the top 30, one in the top 40 and one in the 60's (Tennessee, Oklahoma,and Washington St. and Texas Tech beat us). WSU is lower than us and so is Tech. For a team in the top 5, I find it strange that WSU has an RPI around 40. What I really like is our strength of schedule...12. That's something to be proud of I think. The thing that's very important to remember about all this you guys, is that we have been a wounded animal surviving mostly on ZAG PRIDE and guts. KUDOS must go out to the ZAGS. THEY MUST. We fortunately beat Connecticut and St. Joe's on the road, and Utah at home and they are in the top 100. We must now take Georgia down, you guys. We must. And a couple of wins against St. Mary's would be very very nice, but not easy to accomplish as you can see. Yes///they are #2, but imo they definately have not had the strength of schedule that we have had...and they have been at full strength. I am looking forward, with humility, to playing St. Mary's on the road. I think we're about a month away. Santa Clara is a top 100 team (we will play them the same week-end that we play St. Mary's..always a tough weekend), and San Diego is also improving (with a real nice win the other day) to about 130. WE get them at home first in a couple of weeks, and I'm glad.
              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• ZagNut08
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Good thing we don't have #94 UW on our schedule, that would be a nasty hit

They must have been too busy adding prestigious games against #332 of 336 NJIT

Comment

Working...
                X