PDA

View Full Version : GU vs. USD Predictions

tobizag
02-26-2007, 07:22 AM
In the last game of the regular season, we take on a tough club in USD. It always seems like this team has us figured out more than any other opponent in the conference.

We win, and we secure at least a share of the WCC Crown.

My prediction:

GU 83
USD 79

We'll win another close one down the stretch, but I don't expect OT.

What say you Zagnation?

former1dog
02-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Game tied, 73-73. 15 seconds left in the game, GU has possesion and has a side inbounds play.

They do not inbound to Pargo and let him dribble down the clock preceding a clear out. The ball is passed around the perimeter, running the basic flex. Matt Bouldin slashes into the key, hit with a perfect pass from DRAV. Bouldin makes a sweet interior touch pass to Pendo who's uncontested lay up wins the game 75-73 for the WCC conference champs, Gonzaga University! :eek:

(Yeah, I'm simultaneously predicting an upset loss for SCU to Pepperdine.)

gamagin
02-26-2007, 07:41 AM
GU + 7. Less 3 if we're still fighting the flu bug.

Go Zags !

gozagswoohoo
02-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Gonzaga by eleventy-billion

(or 9, whichever)

zzzjag
02-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Which should translate into a W.

I am mostly excited to take my 7 year old to his first Zags game in person. He has been following the team on TV with me all season and couldn't wait for today!!!

Nevtelen
02-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Nir Cohen kills us on the blocks. De Rogatis rains them from outside. We get down by a lot in the second half, but manage to come back with 3-ball shooting and tie the game when Pendo tips in a missed DRav 3. We clean up in OT with another brilliant free-throw shooting display.

Having said that, if we dont have a healthy team who's playing 100%, we loose this one. It's gonna be close.

SWZag
02-26-2007, 08:46 AM
I think we'll win by ten or more points. I think after the USF scare and with Santa Clara losing, I think we'll come out pumped up and make a statement. Hopefully Pargo is better after the one day break and that noone else caught what he had.

I think we're finding out that we've more than one/two weapons. At the beginning of the season when Raivio was "shut down," our offense sputtered quite a bit. Now I believe wholeheartedly that several other guys can step up and fill the void (ie, Pargo, Downs, Bouldin, and even Kuso to get things energized). We're more than a one-headed monster!!

Lets get the W Zags!

SWZag

gozagswoohoo
02-26-2007, 09:07 AM
I am mostly excited to take my 7 year old to his first Zags game in person. He has been following the team on TV with me all season and couldn't wait for today!!!

That's awesome! I can't wait until the day I get to share that with my child. Only problem right now is....I need to go see MY first game! haha

zzzjag
02-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Woohoo, I can't believe you haven't seen a game in person? I figured you have been to more games then alot of people. I thought I saw you post about going to the Duke game in NY once?

I am a San Diego resident who grew up in Spokane. This is my one game a year I see and mark my calendar for each year. USD ticket office did not allow single game tickets this year for the Zags and lumped them into a 4 game pack. I called on Friday and was able to get tickets for $20 as the other games were already played out. They had 500 tickets left then and were going fast.

Here is the # incase any SD fans want to try and get one and they are still available.

619-260-7550

Go Zags!

229SintoZag
02-26-2007, 09:22 AM
That's awesome! I can't wait until the day I get to share that with my child. Only problem right now is....I need to go see MY first game! haha

Ummm...woohoo, I could have sworn you posted a bunch of pics of yourself at the Duke game in MSG earlier this year.

And didn't you also go to the memphis game last year in memphis, and the saint louis game?

Nice try, but we know you've made at least 3 Zag games.

The real question is: when are you coming out to Spokane?

RebornZag
02-26-2007, 09:36 AM
As you all know all so well.......It's time to SEAL THE DEAL. :)

Latest Line by J. McCarthy has GU by 2.5.....:)

I've got a nice warm feeling inside and a nice smile on my face when I think of these Zags!!! That spells trouble for San Diego!!! :D

Gonzaga: 73
San Diego 66

DenDiegoZag
02-26-2007, 10:02 AM
2.5 is pretty much a toss up in betting spreads. I think the game MAY sell out by this afternoon, but it is not certain. It is great to have the regular season finale in the Slim Gym where we have owned the Torroros in the regular season. I know that there will be an extremely large GU contingent in the crowd. We are having the kick off party for the San Diego chapter of the alumni association right before the game. I will be there with a goup of about 8 '03 and '05 grads. In terms of a prediction, I think that 8 points is a safe spread because the team is going to come out pumped after the SCU loss over the weekend...Now I am no spread setting expert, but that is the line that USD fans around my office seem to be willing to accept for a little friendly wagering...G-O G-O-N-Z-A-G-A!

zag69
02-26-2007, 10:04 AM
A 12-point GU victory, no doubt about it in my mind.

BobZag
02-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Last year, with a team that boasted Adam, JP and Erroll, the Zags had to hit a 3-pointer (by Erroll) to barely win. It's Senior Night. Cohen and Derogatis always give GU their best and they'll be more determined than ever. GU has not swept a two-game road trip yet. Emotions will be sky high for USD's "Super Bowl." The guys' health is iffy. Mallon still hobbled.

USD - 82
GU - 75

Hope I'm wrong but......

gozagswoohoo
02-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Oops...this game is in San Diego, and I didn't explain myself very well. I thought he meant he was taking his son to his first game at the Kennel, and thats what I meant as well...taking my son to the Kennel (which is funny since I have never been myself).

I'm starting to see why I got a D- in my highschool English class. I think I type things the way I talk, instead of typing in a way that makes things understandable to all mankind...

Rubbadub
02-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Zags: 88-85, only so close because it's their senior night and some of our guys might still be under the weather. :)

lothar98zag
02-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I foresee a very close game from start to finish. Neither team will be able to built a double digit lead. The game won't be decided until the last minute of regulation (or maybe OT).

Bulldog
02-26-2007, 01:18 PM
I just hope the Ref's don't decide the outcome.

hondo
02-26-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm going along with BobZag on this game. DeRo and Cohen have alway been a thorn in our side. Senior night will bring out their best effort. I was in the Slim Gym last year when Erroll hit the winner with 6 sec. to go. Trust me these guys always come to play on Zag night and we are beat up right now. If we dig our usual hole early it will be a long night. If DeRo is left unattended early it could get ugly.