PDA

View Full Version : Since those teeth marks in Micah's head, it hasn't been the same

ZagsGoZags
12-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Just two weeks ago Micah Downs was voted on this board as the MVP up to that point, by over twice the votes of the next two nearest - Pargo and Pendo. He was in almost everybody's dream starting five lineup. In the posts of the last 7 days he was frequently not in people's starting five.

His defense was so intense we didn't mind if he didn't score much, but he continued scoring quite a bit. All of a sudden in the last two games he seems strangely ineffective compared to before. Is this because Josh and Steven Gray are bumping his PT?

Has his production gone down? Or have we (members of this board) forgotten him in the flurry over Josh and Steve and Matt?

I would love to see the return of Micah Downs to the foreground, dominating offensively, and being spoken of as a new team leader.

HOOTER
12-31-2007, 10:22 PM
He'll be back, sooner than later.

TuckC
12-31-2007, 10:26 PM
I honestly think that that taped up hand is effecting him big time.

VinnyZag
12-31-2007, 10:59 PM
He hasn't had nearly the impact offensively since then. But he's still been a pest on defense. I thought he did a great job on Lofton on Saturday.
He's got such a great stroke, I'm sure his offensive game will reappear once he gets over whatever injury issues he's dealing with right now.

Ziggy
01-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Those two one-handed jumpers off the the glass were amazing tonight. He gets shots to go when no one else can.

FuManShoes
01-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Those two one-handed jumpers off the the glass were amazing tonight. He gets shots to go when no one else can.

I'd just as soon Micah never take those kinds of shots again. That may be the first time they've gone in. They're prayers. I wish he'd move off the ball and end up in the corner for a three, kinda like what the Utes did all night.

applezag
01-01-2008, 12:13 AM
But Fu, most teams actually guard that corner shot ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't see it as any form of progress that he made those. I mean, good for him that he got some buckets, but I sure hope that's not how he or anyone else sees him contributing in the long run.

Ziggy
01-01-2008, 12:27 AM
But Fu, most teams actually guard that corner shot ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't see it as any form of progress that he made those. I mean, good for him that he got some buckets, but I sure hope that's not how he or anyone else sees him contributing in the long run.

Yeah you do want to count on those kind of shots, when you need them. Think of the shot that Chris Douglas-Roberts took with seconds left to beat us last year in the arena. And Adam did not always square up and get good rotation to make some of his shots. Clutch shooting is not all about text book.

roxdoc
01-01-2008, 08:36 AM
It looks to me that they have him quite a ways down the shooting order on most plays. Just pass and defend. Too bad.