PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and predictions on the GU vs Utah game tonight

Reborn
12-31-2007, 12:51 PM
3 more hours!!!:) I hope I'll still be smiling after the game. After predicting the last two games wrong I am a little shy about this tonight. But what the heck. It's fun.

Gonzaga=77
Utah = 67

I am hoping that Few begins to get organized with his rotation, and plays only 8-9 guys tonight. I think it's time to do that. At some point that decision must be made. For the good of the team. This team right now is screaming for some stability. Quit yanking guys out when they make an error. Let them play through it. The worst kind of ballplayer is a cautious one....imo. I think Daye is finding his stoke again, and has found his role on this years team. I have really liked his game even in our losses. I also want to see MORE of Gray. Let's let him stay in for 12 minutes at a time...Yes 24 minutes of Playing Time. I say the same for Daye. And the 3rd Sub would be Larry G. I see at least 25 pts off the bench. This, imo, would be a great bench.
Lookin for Josh to get above 15 pts and 10 boards tonight....and 5 blocks. Breaking out party for Josh at HOME.

Jeremy will look much better tonight, fans. This is not Tennessee tonight.

I'm hoping to see a smarter Pendo playing tonight. He just really has to see that his STUPID fouls really do hurt the team. That's simple carelessness imo, and is really something that a Senior Captain no longer needs to do. Maybe he needs to realize that he is a Senior Captain, and no longer that role player he has always been.

Ezag
12-31-2007, 12:55 PM
Gonzaga=72
Utah = 65

gamagin
12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
game, a happy ending and improved good health for the Zags.

"God bless us, everyone" - asst. coach Tiny Tim.

DoggieDogpound
12-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Utah has a good center - Nevill - and one other decent big man........but not enough firepower from their guards - if the Zags can get Nevill in foul trouble, they will win in a blowout. Hopefully the Zag offense moves the ball around better....and maybe the defense can press and cause havoc like Tenn did against us. Final score: Zags 79 Utah 63.

Reborn
12-31-2007, 02:18 PM
I did a little research on Utah. They are 7-3. GU is 7-4. Utes beat Cal-Berkely. They lost to UW by 6 and to Oregon. Both away games for Utah. They beat Santa Clara at home. They are a real good team, but probably not in top 25. Beating Cal at Cal tells me we had better NOT take them for granted.

They are the 4th best shooting team in America. Another real good statistic. They shoot around 51% from the field. This tells me that they play a controlled game, and run their offense and try to run the clock down some. They take good shots. They have a very good center Nevill at 7'1".

Weaknesses to me are turn-overs and rebounding. Gonzaga needs to hit the offensive boards, and I think Gonzaga should conter this with pressing defenses. Full-court, 3 quarter and half court presses, and tight man to man.

ZagNative
12-31-2007, 02:25 PM
We're 9-4. Utes are 8-3.

FoxSports Head to Head: http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/headToHeadTeamResults?statsId1=233&statsId2=610&

ZaginLaw
12-31-2007, 02:28 PM
@ Salt Lake

November 19 Santa Clara L 72-57

Go Zags!

ZagManFan
12-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Since I am 0-2 with the last 2 games, I say...

WER'E DOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

Utah 123 Zags 44

spudzag
12-31-2007, 02:43 PM
The board will be a buzz tonight praising the team for a great come back game. They really shine against athletes not quite as skilled. The intereting thing to watch for real changes in how Fewie coaches this one.

HOOTER
12-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Since I am 0-2 with the last 2 games, I say...

WER'E DOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

Utah 123 Zags 44

:lmao:
I really don't care what the final score is, as long as we win the freakin' game! It's seems like forever since our last win. Git-R-Done Zag's!!!