PDA

View Full Version : OT - Pitt is in a lot of pain

CDC84
12-30-2007, 06:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=AgRQMwRd.1rb_bvxjk0Xz6revbYF?slug=ap-t25-pitt-fields&prov=ap&type=lgns

Literally. Pitt players are falling like flies. It's a terrible shame, because Pitt at full strength looked like a heck of a team.

BobZag
12-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Losing Fields, wow, they're in trouble. That's like GU losing Josh and Steven. Survival time for Pitt now. I like Jamie Dixon.

Butler Guy
12-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Take a look at the Big East, in general, there just isn't a lot of quality. There sure are a bunch of teams, but it's a lot of Syracuses and Uconns and other teams of the like who do nothing to impress you. Even the best team, Georgetown, has looked much worse than the Jeff Green-led team from a year ago. Fields' injury effectively removes the last elite Big East team from the equation. (Though Marquette could prove to be elite)

TennesseeFan07
12-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I hate that for Jamie Dixon. He's a good coach, but they're definitley in some trouble right now

CDC84
12-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Speaking of the Big East, I am very curious to see what happens with Louisville once everyone gets healthy in January. I may not be one of them, but some people projected them as a legit final 4 team at the start of the season. Unfortunately, Caracter is just a time bomb waiting to go off....as soon as they get healthy, I'm sure he'll do something to screw it all up, and that Pitino will slap him on the wrist again. It's like soap opera that never ends. And then there is the question of whether Padgett and Palacios can maintain their health...that's not a given either.

BobZag
12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
We need UConn to become a marquee win for us. Whether they can or not is another story, but it would help GU's cause.