PDA

View Full Version : All Things Considered

tyra
02-25-2007, 03:49 PM
All things considered, I almost feel like we have had a championship season. I think we tend to forget how much adversity this team has overcome to play as they have:
1. The loss of LG. How many games do you think would have been materially impacted by the presence of an immediate defensive uplift in the form of LG.
2. The loss of Theo. When we signed him late, I personally thought he was the key to an extended season because I believed then (and still believe) that having more strength in the paint would have been critical. Theo, freshman status notwithstanding, could have made a difference. He is 21 years old and ready.
3. The slightly delayed entry of Micah. Look how much difference he has made! Remember that his injury set him back at least two really important weeks; it wasn't just waiting for the Dec. 21st eligibility.
4. The probably-in-hindsight too-tough December schedule. Even Coach has acknowledged thusly.
5. Lastly (or is it?) the Josh-Theo bust.
I think this team has been amazing. Am I leaving anything out?

BobZag
02-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Btw, it was nice meeting you, except I was hoping for Tyra Banks. ;)

beatProgram
02-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Bah!

I was expecting a block quote to an NPR report on the GU basketball team.

Though despite feeling totally deceived I tend to agree that the team has still overcome some marked adversity. However there have still be at least a few games where it felt like we should have won despite all that, but the guys just didn't play like it meant anything.

Admittedly I'm loving the Zags as of late. The team hasn't looked this fluid since they played UNC.

lothar98zag
02-26-2007, 11:54 AM
All things considered, I almost feel like we have had a championship season.

Win vs USD tonight & GU will have at least a share of the WCC title. Sounds like a championship season to me... :)

Rubbadub
02-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Luke Babbitt said he's making his decision later this week. I'm hoping for a blowout win for GU, to help him make up his mind :)

madness
02-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Luke Babbitt said he's making his decision later this week. I'm hoping for a blowout win for GU, to help him make up his mind :)

Wow, that is big news...I don't believe he ever visited GU, so if he's making his decision now, I can't believe he's picking the Bulldogs.

Correct me if I'm wrong and he has been on campus.

lothar98zag
02-26-2007, 12:41 PM
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=744

madness
02-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Whoops, thanks Lothar!