• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ezag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

What Happened to Micah in the BIS?

Great effort by the Zags down the stretch not giving up but I am puzzled by Micah's lack of time this game.

Is he now lost in the mix with Gray and Heytvelt back? It seems that Few is under utilizing him. He has the offensive skills and is a great defensive player. While I certainly love Pendo, Micah is the better offensive and defensive player.
  • ZagNut08
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I would also rather see micah in there than LG. I too was suprised by his lack of involvement

Comment

• ZagMania
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Feb 2007

What are you talking about, sportsline box score currently shows Micah played 36 minutes It also says Daye scored 11 pts in 1 minute of playing time. I doubt Micah got over 12 minutes of time today, I remember him taking an extra, extra long three pointer and missing the front end of a 1and1 but thats about it.

But yeah, I want to see the gunner from last year come back combined with the hustle version of Micah this year.

Comment

• thickman1
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Feb 2007

I think this carries over to what a good 5-man group would look like on the floor. Right now I think I'd have to sit Pargo simply because play seems to grind to a halt when he has the ball. Everyone is watching him drive to the middle or baseline and then they have to come bail him out if he doesn't get to the rim.

So...I think I'd go with the following lineup that provides good balance in all areas:

Bouldin (ballhandling, post play, vision)
        Gray (ballhandling, 3-pt touch, decent defense)
        Micah (3-pt touch, ability to drive, defense, rebounding)
        Pendo (grit, rebounding, leadership)
        Josh (post presence, rebounding, energy)

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

amen to sitting pgo

amen to sitting pgo...how cd that arsekisser franschilla say hes a top 10 pg.....brandon johnson and mills will play him equal or better............

Comment

• thickman1
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            amen to sitting pgo...how cd that arsekisser franschilla say hes a top 10 pg.....brandon johnson and mills will play him equal or better............
            Dear lord...what is happening when Jazz agrees with my post? Am I becoming THAT negative? I love Jeremy's guts but right now he's all over the board with his level of play and for this team to be good you need consistency out of the PG spot - we aren't getting that with Jeremy right now.

Comment

• theothegreat21
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Feb 2007

Im not sure that Micah responds well to physical play at all. Tennessee was physical and really bullied him, and instead of playing that way as well, I thought that Micah went into a shell and played soft. The only reason I would have kept Micah on the court would have been if we were playing a zone defense and needed his length to get out on shooters. Plain and simple the physical play did not suit Micah's game and he did not respond well at all
              ONIONS!!!!!!

http://thekennelreport.blogspot.com/

Comment

• ZagMania
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Feb 2007

Pargo is just so inconsistent. He has the tools to be great but you just have to question his decision making and feel for what he should be doing during certain points in the game.

Maybe I'm being to hard on him and that feel for knowing what role to take on a certain point in the game is not as easy as it sounds. I know half the game I was wondering when he'd start forcing the action and attacking the basket. Then when he did I felt like he was trying to do too much. Its a fine line. I think part of the problem is that he decides what he's going to do before the play, instead of reacting and taking what he defense gives him.

Comment

• darkness
                  Redshirt
                  • Apr 2007

Watching Micah throughout high school and now at Gonzaga, he is a player that needs to build off others. He is as talented as they come but it is often difficult for him to create shots for himself. Don't get me wrong when Micah gets hot, he can hit from anywhere but when he plays against a team with aggressive defense like Tennessee, he can get frustrated and his shot selection becomes poor.
                  "Darkness has entered the room."

Comment

• Section 116
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Here's a link to an accurate box score, not sure where they found all those Micah minutes:

Comment

• TuckC
                      Kennel Club
                      • Mar 2007

Stephen Gray is what happened. Micah missing shots didn't help.

Comment

• Zag79
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

took some time off so i didnt get caught up in the craziness of posts after some L's. milling through them i gotta note some things even if its 2 games late...

he can get frustrated and his shot selection becomes poor.
                        Micah missing shots didn't help.
                        3 shots total. 2 of them from 3. 12 minutes, and this is the negative posts regarding MDs game? wow.
                        try 7-23 as a team from 3. try to's. try anything but md as the reason of topic after that game. the coach has to play him for him to fail.

Comment

• zzzjag
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

Micah

I was at the Utah game in K2 and watched Micah work hard but not get the open looks that Matt got. I am not sure if he is defended more closely out beyond the 3 pt line or what.

I believe his 2 shots in the lane were tough makes and should have been 3pt play And1 opportunities as there was some contact.

Teams have extended way out on him and perhaps that is why he has shot the ball from beyond the NBA 3 pt line out of frustration. On the other end of the spectrum, Utah's coach and bench was hollering to their team to leave Larry G wide open during the opening minutes of the game and shouted, No shot, not a shooter, back off.

Comment

• FrosTbear
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Mar 2007

The problem with Micah is PMS post mugging stitches he received in Oklahoma. He will be back Im thinking Georgia.
                            “Great plays wins games, but teamwork and hard work wins championships.”

Comment

• lawzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

I think that Oklahoma kid's mandible gave Micah a concussion & he is just "all shook up"!

Besides, wouldn't you be a bit out of sorts if you got 7 staples in your head with no anethesia?? I know I sure would!
                              ZAGS RULE!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X