PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Upsets Texas

Zagdawg
12-29-2007, 10:02 AM
With leading scorer out --Wisconsin brings in the first upset of the day 67-66 -- I am looking forward to another "upset" a bit later in the day!--

BobZag
12-29-2007, 10:13 AM
And Billy Grier is whupping Billy Clyde early on.

Akzag
12-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I could handle a few more games like that throughout today ...

ZagMania
12-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah, that was a great game. Lets go Grier!

Zagpower
12-29-2007, 10:39 AM
We don't want an upset at 1:00 Zags are favored.

Akzag
12-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I actually had Wisconsin to win. But still a great game.

My favorite line (on Wisconsin) ; "They're very balanced. They have a chip on each shoulder."

TennesseeFan07
12-29-2007, 11:27 AM
I think we're all starting to see that Texas doesn't have the depth to compete with Kansas in the Big 12 or to make a serious run to San Antonio

CDC84
12-29-2007, 11:36 AM
That last second sequence at the end of the Wisconsin/Texas game with Michael Flowers making that three and then stealing the inbounds pass and throwing the ball high up in the air while going out of bounds to drain the clock was incredible. Those were clutch plays of the highest level.....especially the defensive play. So many guys would've just celebrated after making that shot and wouldn't have thought to make the 2nd play.

Regarding Texas....I was saying the same thing about their lack of depth even before the Michigan State loss. You just can't expect your starters to play 83% of your minutes and get away with it over the long haul. The Horns are the type of team that have the goods to make the 2nd weekend.....probably not much beyond that.

wiszag
12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
My gosh that was a fun game. Bo Ryan says that Flowers is the best competitor that he ever coached. I didn't think they'd have enough firepower to compete with Texas in Austin without Hughes. The much maligned Brian Butch came up huge.

Interesting trivia, the best two high school quarterbacks in Madison are on the basketball team. Both Flowers and Hughes were all-state caliber quarterbacks for their respective high schools.