PDA

View Full Version : Knox. paper article on game

BillVol
12-28-2007, 09:27 PM
http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2007/dec/28/how-do-vols-upset-zags/

Recommend you ignore the psycho responses to the article, as most of us do.

TennesseeFan07
12-28-2007, 09:40 PM
It looks like Bruce is taking this game with a good perspective. He's not overlooking the Zags and that's quite a compliment for him saying that they're better than Texas.

GPGUgrad
12-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Nice article, thanks for sharing with us...got me excited about the game!

I would say that the only bad loss we've had was to Texas Tech, that was an unreal sloppy game. The other two games WSU and Oklahoma were pretty tough physical games. W/O Josh (WSU) and an injured Matt (OK).

If Josh, is better, rust-free?
we should have an exciting game, can't wait!!!

I say our chances 50 - 50
Anyone's game...

Go Zags!!!

TennesseeFan07
12-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Nice article, thanks for sharing with us.

If Josh, plays better than last game (rusty),
we should have an exciting game, can't wait!!!

I say our chances 50 - 50

Go Zags!!!

Heyveldt and Daye will have plenty of oppurtunities on the offensive glass. If they can provide alot of 2nd chance points then Zaga could win easily.

GPGUgrad
12-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Heyveldt and Daye will have plenty of oppurtunities on the offensive glass. If they can provide alot of 2nd chance points then Zaga could win easily.

Yes, I agree, but not sure how rusty Josh still is and Daye has been real cold lately...maybe, it was just a phase.

I also, watched you guys play Western Kentucky and you guys looked pretty good! In my opinion, WKU is a good team, that was a good win.

TennesseeFan07
12-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Yes, I agree, but not sure how rusty Josh still is and Daye has been real cold lately...maybe, it was just a phase.

I also, watched you guys play Western Kentucky and you guys look pretty good!

Yeah, but that was when Brian Williams played out of his mind. He's not going to be putting up that type of performance tomorrow against you guys. We really miss Duke Crews the most. His mental toughness on the court is something this team needs in order to advance to San Antonio. If JuJuan Smith is on tomorrow, then we could put up incredible numbers, if not, then we'll be in trouble. I've witnessed JuJuan put up 26 points in a 12 minute stretch against MTSU(I was there, it was a legitimate 26, he hit 4 or 5 fadeaway 3's) and he's went 3 or 4 games without scoring 26 combined. Wayne Chism and Ramar Smith have declined from last season, but showed signs of improvement in there last outing at Xavier. We haven't been pressing nearly as much as normal this season, but Pearl will probably press as much as possible tomorrow afternoon in order from keeping you guys from living on the offensive glass. It's going to come down to us controlling the tempo if we want to win. There's no way we beat you guys in a half-court game. Our halfcourt defense is terrible, and your bigs will get 2nd and 3rd chance oppurtunites all day. I'm really hoping we can contain Pargo as well, he's one of the most underated player in the nation. Us SEC fans should know after witnessing his brother while at Arkansas

GPGUgrad
12-28-2007, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=I'm really hoping we can contain Pargo as well, he's one of the most underated player in the nation. Us SEC fans should know after witnessing his brother while at Arkansas[/QUOTE]

Hey guy, thanks for the compliment on Pargo, my opinion, is that he is a pretty strong player, but, can't do it all by himself. There has been some bad remarks about him mentioned on this board. But, I don't think people realize how much we need him and how hard he is playing.

One thing, that I love about the Zags is that they play with passion and intensity. Even being the underdog, they come and give all they got. That's what attracts me to them.

And this is the first year, that, we are actually playing fantastic defense.
But, the down side to that, is that our offense is lacking.

How do you think Lofton will fare in this game? against WKU, he seemed kind of cold.

TennesseeFan07
12-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Hey guy, thanks for the compliment on Pargo, my opinion, is that he is a pretty strong player, but, can't do it all by himself. There has been some bad remarks about him mentioned on this board. But, I don't think people realize how much we need him and how hard he is playing.

One thing, that I love about the Zags is that they play with passion and intensity. Even being the underdog, they come and give all they got. That's what attracts me to them.

And this is the first year, that, we are actually playing fantastic defense.
But, the down side to that, is that our offense is lacking.

How do you think Lofton will fare in this game? against WKU, he seemed kind of cold.

That's nothing new, I don't think Chris could throw it into the Pacific Ocean. He's really been struggling this season. All of his shots are short. His mechanics are not where they need to be. He's quietly scoring about 15 a game, but he's yet to play a good game. Another part to that is that we're a very deep team. We were going 12 deep until 3 injuries set in. He's still in the top 8 I believe in the SEC in 3 point shooting, but that's terrible considering that I'm pretty sure he's lead the SEC in 3 points percentage, makes for his first 3 years and he's averaged about 17-20 a game his past 2 years here. He's also been making some uncharacteristic TO's. What little of a draft stock he had, has sunk thus far. I don't see him being all that special tomorrow. I look for him to score about 16 points. Probably 3-4 threes on 8-10 attempts. He'll drive to the baset for 4 or 6 easy points and will probably knock down a couple of free throws. He seems like he's getting closer to breaking out of this slump and I'm not overly worried, but it's been 12 games. I'm beginning to wonder if this is actually a slump or how it's going to be for him this year.

GPGUgrad
12-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Well, I hope he doesn't come out of his slump till after you guys play us.

We kind of need a good game against you guys, having 3 losses already before our conference, not good. But, we've had so many injuries, if, we've had a healthier complete team, the outcome would have been a bit different, but, that might be a cop out, every team out there in America faces those same issues.

Anyway, to a good game, I for one, am totally happy we have the honor to play Tennessee, and hope that we continue the series for many years.

Good luck to both,
GP

TennesseeFan07
12-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Same too you, it could develop into a great friendly rivalry between Few and Pearl. I have the upmost respect for the 9 consecutive tourney appearences that Few has guided you guys too and for him staying there and building up a program instead of leaving. Either way, the loser of this game tomorrow should not be laughed at, because I would rather lose this game tomorrow than to play a bunch of ETSU's on the schedule. The committee will take consideration of the ooc Gonzaga has. I see no problem on them making the Tourney this year. Mills is having a phenominal year up at SMC, but you guys still are the more balance team. Too bad Georgetown didn't have the guts to keep you guys on the schedule.