PDA

View Full Version : Hey ButlerGuy

sittingon50
12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
That was exciting, eh?

Nevtelen
12-28-2007, 07:11 PM
We'll understand if you're not sober enough to type until tomorrow - quite a finish for Butler! SIU's a tough place to come out of with a W.

Butler Guy
12-28-2007, 07:12 PM
That was the luckiest/best finish I have ever witnessed in all my years of following Butler basketball!!!! A 35 foot runner for the win with 1/0 on the clock!!!!

Butler Guy
12-28-2007, 07:24 PM
I can't drink when watching a game on TV. I am entirely too nervous/involved to busy myself with the refrigerator. All I do is constantly whip my cat's toy balls against the front door to relieve stress. My arm feels like I threw 8 innings.

MDABE80
12-28-2007, 07:28 PM
lol.......it was pretty fantasic! Wish we could keep a few of those in our back pockets.;)

ZagMan in Philly
12-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Hey ButlerGuy, do you think Zags will win today? line is -2 or so...i wish we were the underdogs in Vegas for this game. We seem to play better as an underdog's role.

Butler Guy
12-29-2007, 06:18 AM
but Tennessee is going to pose some issues because their attack accentuates the portion of defense that Gonzaga has struggled with, really for as long as I can remember. There are only 3 or 4 teams in the country where it is absolutely imperative to be flawless in your parameter defense and Tennessee is one of those teams. I'd really like to see a win, but I fear Tyler Smith and Chris Lofton are going to have a field day if the defensive effort isn't the best it has been in at least the last two years.

I know it's not the "new" Gonzaga-style, but I think you beat the Vols if a Monson-era clock-milking, limited possession game is played. I do not know if Jeremy Pargo is the right point guard for such a strategy.

BobZag
12-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I knew Graves was gonna hit a shot. SIU kept missing FTs and a team like Butler will make you pay. The crowd went from deafening to dead silent. Wow, great fnish. Kudos.

Zagpower
12-29-2007, 11:04 AM
The great thing about that shot was the way it went in. It's one thing to hit a 35 ft. runner, but Graves' shot appeared to spin all the way around the rim, pop out, and then fall back in. I've never seen another shot like it from that distance. What a great finish!

Zagpower
12-29-2007, 11:07 AM
All I do is constantly whip my cat's toy balls against the front door to relieve stress. My arm feels like I threw 8 innings.

Just make sure you get the toy ones.

Sincerely,

Butler Guy's Cat

drnoe
12-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Great game, Butler Guy. Wow! That's a game you guys needed to win, and you got it done.