PDA

View Full Version : Who is the GU player who left?

Zag 77
12-27-2007, 10:14 PM
The Spokesman-Review yesterday had a small blip at the end of their area womens' college basketball roundup mentioning that a player named Sara Polischuck had left the GU team. I don't recall hearing much about her. What is the deal? Any great loss, or was she just a bench-sitter?

kitzbuel
12-28-2007, 05:20 AM
It was likely Sasha Polishchuck, a Junior Guard. She was averaging just over 3 min/game and 2 pts/game.

http://gozags.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/gonz/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/cumulative-stats

BobZag
12-28-2007, 08:51 AM
With Courtney, Rachel and Tatri ahead of her, Sasha wasn't going to get much time. My understanding is, she left on her own volition.

Oldsport
12-28-2007, 01:14 PM
After having a court-side friendship with Sasha her Frosh. and SO. years I have had only limited contact with her this season. I knew she was seeing almost no court time and I asked her about it. She shrugged it off and mumbled about some nagging injury she was trying to work through. I will miss Sasha and wish her the very best in the future.

EPILOGUE: Forgive me friends for my lack of understanding college recruiting. If we loose a player can we pick up another player? An 8' post player would work for me. ha! What happens when a team looses several several players due to an accident or "Act Of God"? Do colleges have a practice team to draw from, like the pro teams have? It has become very evident to me that we need a player(s) with some serious height and physical stability. I noticed from Tennessee that when they put a team on the floor the average is almost 6 foot, 3 inches per player,....that computes into points and wins. Our Lady Zags play smart, an important asset regardless of height. Now add some elevation to that effort and the team benefits. Look at what has happened with the loss of Heather Bowman,...ouch! I dream of GU having two strong post players. Tall, quality, lady basketball players must be very hard to find and recruit.

May God bless our Lady Zags in the New Year!...keep them safe!

bigbart
12-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Szsha is a great player and will be missed. I hope she finds a school that will let her play