PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Fan Here

Loftonfor3
12-27-2007, 08:10 PM
I've seen what a home game (technically home) is like at Gonzaga on youtube. It looks REALLY tough. I can't imagine actually being there. Hopefully Tennessee can pull it out anyway. Here's my breakdown of us.

J.P. Prince-Our best player. Nuff said.
Tyler Smith-He has replaced Dane Bradshaw as the "Glue man." A plus is he's much more athletic than Dane.
Chris Lofton-He's struggled, but slowly coming around. He had 2 nice drives against Xavier which I hadn't seen since last year.
Jajuan Smith- Struggled against Xavier, but he'll be back. He's the most underrated player in America imho.
Duke Crews-Heart Condition (Get well Duke)
Wayne Chism-He's been playing soft all year, but showed big time toughness in the closing minutes against Xavier. Don't be surprised if he swacks a 3!
Ramar Smith-He's been playing pretty bad this year, but he was AWESOME against Xavier. He pretty much did everything last Saturday. He's finally coming around.
Ryan Childress-Last Saturday against Xavier was the first time since his ankle injury against WV that he showed signs of "being back."
Josh Tabb-Some say he has been out with an ankle injury. I don't know myself. However, I would guess J.P. Prince has taken his spot because I saw an article where Bruce said he was now out of the rotation with the addition of J.P.:confused:
Jordan Howell- Nothing special. He's a solid point guard. He doesn't turn it over and can shoot the trey.
Brian Williams-Played out of his mind against WKU. However, he was brought back down to earth against Xavier. It didn't help that he was hampered with fouls.:mad:
Cameron Tatum-A freshman reserve who won't play unless someone gets hurt. He's more than capable of filling the void though.

Prediction:
Tenn 80
Gonzaga 71

Good Luck!

Psychozag
12-27-2007, 08:18 PM
The game won't be at home for GU...it's in Key Arena where the Seattle Sonics play. This game is a once a year deal called the Battle in Seattle where GU plays a game in Seattle.

Loftonfor3
12-27-2007, 08:35 PM
I know. Not trying to be a smart butt, but I said technically a home game. I doubt many people from Tennessee would travel to Seattle.

ZagNative
12-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Welcome Loftonfor3,

Yeah, Seattle is 280 miles from Spokane, over Snoqualmie Pass, where it snows heavily and has poor visibility for extended periods around Christmas time. However, Zags tend to travel well, and the crowd will doubtless be overwhelmingly Zag-friendly.

I had to stop just now to view the Youtube of Adam Morrison's game-winning shot against OK State (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmY-BXzMc5g) two years ago to get a flavor for what kind of crowd Tennessee might face if the Zags come up with similar heroics to take out the Vols.

Thanks for your personal preview of Tennessee. I'm not going to attempt to guess what kind of Gonzaga squad will show up but will wait to see if one of our smarter posters will wade in with an introduction. As you may gather if you browse the board, optimism is not the order of the day here today, as a number of posters seem to need to be talked down from the ledge they're poised on.

sullyzag66
12-27-2007, 09:17 PM
I know. Not trying to be a smart butt, but I said technically a home game. I doubt many people from Tennessee would travel to Seattle.
Key Arena is not K2. Nuff said.

bayzag09
12-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Key Arena is not K2. Nuff said.

exactly. we won't have all the enthusiasm in seattle that we'd have in spokane.

MDABE80
12-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Welcome aboard and thanx for this visit Lofton. Good team Tenn is. We hope to win some more games this year. Honestly, we all do think highly of Tenn but we need a victory so I hope we get a big one on Saturday. Best wishes to the Vols;)

MedZag
12-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Second the sentiments. Love having fans from the other team around here (not trolls, fans). Welcome to the board, I hope for a spirited game and some damn good college basketball.

No injuries, lots of fight, and prime time nationwide showcase for both programs. What more can you ask for?

D Hark 2003
12-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Its nice having some opposing teams fans on here to talk with. I think after this game, people are going to again wonder if the Lady Vols could beat your men's team. ;)

The zags do travel well, but considering most of the alumni who stay in the state of washington move over to the greater puget sound area its not like most of the fans are coming from over the mountains. It is basically a home game.

Oh yeah, i almost forgot, Loftonfor3 would be a fitting name if he wasnt shooting like 35% from the field(entire field, not just from 3) this year.

drnoe
12-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Welcome Vol fan...too bad WooHoo is on sabbatical, otherwise he'd give you a proper welcome. Nothing personal, but I hope you guys play like the Lady Vols tomorrow. Good luck!

Section 116
12-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Key Arena may not be K2 but I'd take the atmosphere at Key, against say Okla. St, over the when will the K2 crowd wake up against Northern Colo. a couple weeks ago. My experiences at the Battle in Seattle are there are so many Zag fans are there who get to see them live but once a year they cheer nearly from the moment they arrive till the end of the game. I would expect a large gathering of Orange in the rows behind the UT bench and numerous other Vol fans around the arena. Other than that the crowd will be overwhelmingly GU and noisy!

TexasZagFan
12-28-2007, 11:57 AM

So, according to your logic, if the Zags were to play UT in Vanderbilt's arena in Nashville, would you consider that a home game for UT?

For the geographically-challenged, Knoxville-Nashville is a 200 mile drive.

If it's not K2 or the Spokane Arena, it's not a home game for the Zags. The OU game was as close to a home game you could get for the Sooners, as Norman is about 30 minutes from OKC. Still, the fans were pretty darn quiet until there 6-8 minutes left in the game.

bigjeep
12-28-2007, 12:35 PM
So, according to your logic, if the Zags were to play UT in Vanderbilt's arena in Nashville, would you consider that a home game for UT?

For the geographically-challenged, Knoxville-Nashville is a 200 mile drive.

If it's not K2 or the Spokane Arena, it's not a home game for the Zags. The OU game was as close to a home game you could get for the Sooners, as Norman is about 30 minutes from OKC. Still, the fans were pretty darn quiet until there 6-8 minutes left in the game.

WKU had to play them in Nashville because they wouldn`t play us in our home arena either...Oh the bcs schools...gotta love em...

Go Get Em ZAGS!

Loftonfor3
12-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the replies. Didn't mean to stir anything up with the arena and all. I don't know why we didn't play in WKU's arena. I guess like he said;we're a bcs school. Still, Gonzaga isn't getting cheated. We're playing them in Nashville next year. Good luck!

ZagNative
12-28-2007, 01:19 PM
We're not offended, Loftonfor3. We'd just rather talk about something we know something about or can bluff our way through (i.e., whether Key Arena is a home court for the Zags), than about something we know far too little about (i.e., which Zags team will show up to play tomorrow or how to describe the team's pieces.)

bigjeep
12-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the replies. Didn't mean to stir anything up with the arena and all. I don't know why we didn't play in WKU's arena. I guess like he said;we're a bcs school. Still, Gonzaga isn't getting cheated. We're playing them in Nashville next year. Good luck!

Wow! egg face for me...Very, very good for the Zag`s. This is one big ticket and I`ll buy a few...that said, Thompson-Bowlin in Knoxville is a must to see a game...just not one you want to win...;)

Loftonfor3
12-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Here's our main hoops board.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=7#s=7&f=1398

ZagNative
12-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Here's our main hoops board.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=7#s=7&f=1398

That's what I thought, but there sure isn't much buzz there about the BIS. Are they all just looking past this game?

Loftonfor3
12-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Oh no! Everyone's just in Christmas mode at the moment. Once the game starts, there will be a thread for every shot we put up!:D

TuckC
12-29-2007, 08:44 AM
It will be interesting to see if Heytvelt or Sacre can play bully with Chism, who might be one of the biggest "bully" actors this year. The guy will mean mug you when the ball is dead. This could be fun or disasterous.

Loftonfor3
12-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Chism isn't dirty.^^^^^^

HamiltonVol
12-29-2007, 10:31 AM
WKU had to play them in Nashville because they wouldn`t play us in our home arena either...Oh the bcs schools...gotta love em...

The reason for that is that most of the high school basketball talent is in the mid-state or in Memphis, and Pearl wants exposure in Nashville. So he's trying to schedule games there. I think he's shooting for about two per year. This year we only had the one.

It's good for both teams, anyway, since it counts as somewhat of a "neutral" site for selection committee purposes.

TuckC
12-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Chism isn't dirty.^^^^^^

I didn't claim he was dirty. I am just saying, the guy likes it physical and tries to intimidate down low.