PDA

View Full Version : Josh's minutes vs Tennessee?

pbriz
12-26-2007, 11:17 PM
I predict Josh won't start but will get similar minutes that Daye gets, around 20-25.

Thoughts?

zag67
12-27-2007, 08:11 AM
I also think that he will get 20 to 25 minutes. I do think that you will see him with the combination of Pargo/Bouldin/Downs/Daye. Also with the speed that Tennessee has I think that you will see Gray and LG getting extra minutes. Let's hope they come to play and their shots are on.

Reborn
12-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Josh Starts......"and the walls come tumbling down." 25 minutes.

zagfan07
12-27-2007, 08:54 AM
I could see Heytvelt playing 25 - 30 min in this one. I think Few sees this as an early season must-win for the Zags, and Josh will be our best weapon. He's big enough to cause a number of problems inside for Tennessee and can run the floor well enough to keep up with their uptempo, trapping style of play. His foot has been ready since the WSU game, so I think that shouldn't be a problem. Ten extra days of cardio work should do wonders for his conditioning, though his leaping ability may not be there yet. If we're going to win this game, he's going to need to be a factor.

FrosTbear
12-27-2007, 09:33 AM
This is a statement game with the poor showing of the last game it is time to step up and be a top 25 team again. Josh will be a key to our victory. Even his first game back after a year lay off he never lost position when down in the post. They pushed Rob and Kuso out but not Josh. 25-30 minutes and Tenn will wish he was on the bench again. It will be the BATTLE IN SEATTLE and the ZAGS will send Tennessee back home with a big "L".

MickMick
12-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I have to believe that coach will start leaning on Josh heavily...especially on the offensive end. His only limitation will be fouls and stamina. Get both under control and the coach would leave him out there forever.

BobZag
12-27-2007, 03:00 PM
In high school and at times at GU, I've noticed that Josh tires sooner than one might expect. Still, with all the media time-outs I think 20-25 is doable. Tenn plays at a fast pace so Josh must get up to speed ASAP. He'll one tired puppy after this game...but in better shape for Utah, Georgia, etc.

HOOTER
12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
My prediction for Josh: He plays 26 minutes, get's 18 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Zag's by 8 points. Take that to the bank. :D

thebigsmoove
12-27-2007, 07:06 PM
now for a real prediction,

Heytvelt gets 17 mins has 7 points 4 boards and 1 block, zags lose by 3, but show that they are getting more cohesive...then heytvelt will get 20-25 mins against utah and 30 mins against georgia where he will finally start to look a little more like the athletic beast that he is. By the time we play memphis, Heytvelt will be fully back to his self, bouldin will be back to his self and Gray will be lights out. I expect a major upset when we head out to the fedex arena in downtown memphis. by tourney time, zags may be playing as well as the top 5-6 teams in the country, we may lock up a #3 or 4 seed. Lets make a final 4 run, i would be happy with sweet 16.

D Hark 2003
12-28-2007, 09:36 AM
i hope he has miraculously gotten into some kind of decent game shape by now. He looked slow and unathletic against Oklahoma. We sure could use a center or PF that can score somehow, rebound and defend without fouling every play.

HOOTER
12-29-2007, 07:56 PM
24 minutes, 12 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal. Not bad at all. It's good to have you back Josh!