PDA

View Full Version : Tony Wrotten Jr.

dim4sum
12-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Lots of buzz in Seattle about Tony Wrotten Jr., Garfield freshman (14 years old) point guard. Some services rate him as the best freshman in the country.
Brandon Roy's father says he can do things as a freshman Brandon could never imagine doing. Extremely team oriented. Think he's about 6-4; could grow two or three more inches. Are we looking at the next 6-8 point, ala Magic Johnson?? Hope he's on the Few radar screen. Romar was at his last game.

Ezag
12-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Sounds good. It looks like were lined up with great big men the next severaly ears but I haven't heard too much about any point guard commitments (I could be wrong)

MDABE80
12-25-2007, 03:16 PM
If Romar's still there when the kid turns college age, I'll be surprised. SOunds like a great kid to follow.

dim4sum
12-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Correct spelling is Tony Wroten Jr.--one "t".
Lots of stuff on him on Google--including something from a University of Tennessee website--with some bad quality video--claiming he's leaning toward that school.
He's averaging 21.9 a game so far.

VinnyZag
12-25-2007, 07:04 PM
But don't get your hopes up about him ever playing for Gonzaga. He sounds like a kid who'll go one year at Duke/Carolina/UCLA/Kansas/Kentucky/Memphis, then turn pro.
The PI story, and another I read somewhere about him, make him sound like a really good kid, though.

eastsideballer
12-25-2007, 09:53 PM
This kid is the real deal, i have watched him play for several years and he has tremendous ability. No fear in his game he has been taking it at older kids since he was 12.
I dont know if GU will have a shot at this kid, he is the type that would stay home so his family and friends could watch. i too see him as a one year collegiate player that has the tools to jump quickly into the nba.

SWZag
02-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Old Thread, new article...

Wroten in the Times (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/highschoolsports/2004166690_wroten06.html)

Would be great to get him, and expected to reach 6'9!

SWZag