PDA

View Full Version : OT: It's finally happened...

ZagDaddy
12-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Every year during the holidays I always live in dread of one event: The annual wrapping of the presents. My wife's presents to me are always crisply folded works of art with flowing curly-Q's of ribbons that look as formal as a wedding cake.

I know going in that I can't compete. No matter what I try, wrapping paper, bows and Scotch tape remains a recipe for disaster. Ends don't meet, corners are torn, parts of the present poke through like a beer gut which kind of takes the mystery out of things for her.

Well, I've just finished wrestling this years victims into submission and I'm here to publicly proclaim that I've hit a new low. This year's presents look like I've wrapped them with my feet with my eyes closed. It's hopeless...

Merry Christmas to all of you and may the Christmas wrapping gods be with you.

ZagDaddy

sittingon50
12-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks Daddy. Since I managed to start (& stop) my shopping last night (Sunday), the wrapping comes tonight after work. My strategy is to do the best I can, remind the family that I'm lefthanded & the scissors are not, and hope that the cats read the labels well enough to destroy all the presents under the tree whose tags say From: Dad
Have a great Christmas!

75Zag
12-24-2007, 02:13 PM
I gave everybody in my family tickets to the Battle in Seattle. Very easy to wrap, and I am not expecting too much whining, unless the Bulldogs lose, in which case I am going to be the most disappointed one of the entire group.

Merry Christmas, and Go Bulldogs!

BobZag
12-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Go the camouflage route, if all else fails. Put the gift(s) inside a box then put that box inside a bigger box. A couple marbles or pebbles in the box will throw the giftee off. Good luck!

Zagpower
12-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Zagdaddy. I share your inability to wrap. I got away with it for years when my son was ages 1-5. Everybody always assumed that he was doing the wrapping on all of the gifts we gave and thought it was so cute that he was trying to do it himself just like a big boy. After a comment like that, there was no way I was copping to the wrap job.

zag69
12-24-2007, 04:20 PM
My daughter helped me wrap presents, otherwise it would be the usual embarrassing jumble. Somehow, though, they are appreciated, and I receive a pat on the head for my efforts.

Bocco
12-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Wrapping presents ugh, the only thing worse is shopping.......together they make a matched set.

to top it off my wife's birthday is just a few days after Christmas so I gotta to the whole shopping and wrapping thing all over again......

If I could just figure out a way to give without having to shop, I'd be a happy camper.

ZagDaddy
12-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Wrapping presents ugh, the only thing worse is shopping.......together they make a matched set.

to top it off my wife's birthday is just a few days after Christmas so I gotta to the whole shopping and wrapping thing all over again......

If I could just figure out a way to give without having to shop, I'd be a happy camper.

At least you can get it all done at pretty much the same time. My wife's birthday is EXACTLY 6 months from Christmas so just as soon as my self esteem recovers and I forget about the past year's Christmas disaster I get a brand new round of humiliation.

Bocco
12-24-2007, 04:42 PM
At least you can get it all done at pretty much the same time. My wife's birthday is EXACTLY 6 months from Christmas so just as soon as my self esteem recovers and I forget about the past year's Christmas disaster I get a brand new round of humiliation.

that's the anniversary, the problem with a near Christmas bithday is you wrack your brian to come up with some Christmas presents, so the gift idia well is dry and you gotta figure out a birthday present..........

.........and I don't think she will be satisfied with what would do just fine for me......a six pack of good beer!:D

ZagDaddy
12-24-2007, 04:59 PM
.........and I don't think she will be satisfied with what would do just fine for me......a six pack of good beer!:D

You mean to tell me they don't go for that? Oh C##p. I'm in trouble now. This might also explain my wrapping tribulations... :(