PDA

View Full Version : Big day for some future opponents...

BroncoZAG615
12-22-2007, 09:32 AM
Memphis looking good against Georgetown on ESPN. Has been a very enjoyable game to watch thus far. Also, Tennessee playing against Xavier. Hopefully Lofton doesn't catch fire by the time we play him. He has started off very slow but had 24 the other day. He is a player that could hurt us badly. Should be a great day to sit in front of the tv and watch basketball however.

Another great game later tonight between Texas and Michigan State.

gamagin
12-22-2007, 10:05 AM
great.

BroncoZAG615
12-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Very impressive performance by Memphis today. Once Dorsey was able to get some solid, continuous minutes, the game was over. He beat up Hibbert the entire second half to the point where Hibbert didn't even seem interested. I hope Kuso/Sacre can hold up against him and that Josh can pull him out on the perimeter so our guards can drive because he is a hell of a shot blocker.

It seems whenever he gets a double double, Memphis will have success.

75Zag
12-22-2007, 11:40 AM
I hope the GU bigs are watching and learning from the Tenn - Xavier game. There is some major brute force being applied in the middle by Tenn.

Bulldog
12-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gulp.

MDABE80
12-22-2007, 12:22 PM
X-Tenn....amazingly hard fought game. Both teams had some fire. Zags will have their hands full in Seattle. We need to beat em./ Pure and simple. A "V' will set the stage for the rest of the season. Can we win? Yes. Key will be Josh getting his foot ready and getting his conditioning. I can't emphasize enough.........Josh needs to get angry and do what he can do. Last game he looked tentative (who can blame him?) and half speed. His hops were greatly reduced. If he can trust his repair AND if he comes out like the first part of last season, Zags can win this one.

If X plays all games like this one with Tenn, they'd be a top 15 team.They really looked tough.

gueastcoast
12-22-2007, 12:43 PM
I know it's not literally true but when you watch Memphis doesn't it seem like the same team Ammo faced two years ago? They are scary good, and I don't really like many teams besides ours...

Snagglezag
12-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Our one bad loss this year (TT) is playing #25 Stanford real tough at home. Could help legitimize that sweater game (if you could call it one).

ZagMania
12-22-2007, 01:21 PM
For whatever reason I also am not that impressed when watching a lot of other teams and comparing them to ours. I think Memphis is good, but they really struggle shooting the ball if contest every shot and I think our defense will be able to give them fits. Defensively, while they have great athletes and can make some amazing plays I don't see have lapses and we will be able to score against them.

Watching Tennessee scared me today, however. Not because they played so well, Prince played amazing, but I am scared of us breaking there press or rather just inbounding the ball. Our Zags don't seem to be pressed to much, but it always seems like they have trouble inbounding the ball at the end of games. Not being able to get the ball to Raivio last year when we needed him to go to the free throw line last year sticks out in my mind. Hopefully the staff is working on this on our long break and Micah/Daye will be able to get ready to help break that Tennessee press.

Texas Tech is up on Stanford at the half, lets hope they help us out and win.

spudzag
12-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Interesting games. After watching Tennessee today I'm convinced we can beat them if we hit on all cylinders all game long. Very little room for errors like TOs.

If Memphis continues to play the way they did today we won't fair as well as Georgetown. Wow, what a team. They may be the 2008 National
Champion.

BobZag
12-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Don't sleep on Utah. They're improving. Just beat Cal.

Ziggy
12-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Did I hear right, Tennessee is tops in the nation in steals? We need simple intelligent plays, sharp smart passes and sticky soft hands, and our point guard bringing the ball up at a trot or faster every play. If these, then win!

75Zag
12-22-2007, 05:41 PM
I did not hear about them being #1 in steals, but the ESPN announcers gave a stat on the number of inbounding turnovers that Tenn has forced so far this year, including 5 second violations forced on other teams. I think the number of steals + 5 second violations was in the high 20s or low 30s which is a hell of a lot of inbounding errors this early in the season. In addition to forced turnovers, they have forced other teams to burn timeouts on inbounding plays something like 18 times. Should be interesting to watch in Seattle.

Merry Christmas.