• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quadcityzag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Gibbs tonight

Will be paying here in the quad cities as Linn Marr will be playing davenport central. I would go to the game and give you the full analysis but I have to work. I'll give you guys the stats from my local paper tomorrow though on Saturday.
  • sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Thanks quad.
    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Quadcityzag,

Thanks for checking in and keeping us posted on our Iowa guy.

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Here are a couple of game stories:

Small stuff sinks Davenport Central against No. 5 Linn-Mar

Central held the Lions’ two Division I recruits — Grant Gibbs and Alex Weldon — to 14 points, but they had little answer for Hutcheson, a 6-foot-6 junior. Slashing to the basket with the utmost poise, Hutcheson scored a game-high 24 points on 10-for-14 shooting.
        There is a photo of Grant in the story, fodder for ZagNative's photo addiction.

Davenport Central falls in matchup of top Iowa teams

A pair of crucial rebounds in the final seconds of Friday night's clash of Iowa state-ranked teams proved to be the difference in Linn-Mar's 56-51 hard-fought victory over host Davenport Central.

Leading 53-51 with 25 seconds remaining, Linn-Mar senior and Gonzaga University-bound Grant Gibbs failed to convert from the free-throw line. However, the Lions grabbed the rebound and added another free throw to take a three-point advantage.

Central senior E.J. Hicks' 3-point attempt hit the back of the rim and Gibbs elevated above two Blue Devils to secure possession. He added a pair from the charity stripe with 4 seconds remaining to ice the game.

Comment

• spudzag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Great update, thanks. I love the photo. He looks Zag like in there scrapping for loose balls.

Comment

Working...
          X