PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Pics from last night

eliezar
12-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Even though I was hoping for a win and was disappointed with the outcome of the game last night we still had a good time. I couldn't be to upset when I looked at Ezra and he was still just happy to be at the game. He wanted to go "shoot baskets with Gonzaga" as he made the motion in the air. He didn't understand they lost and was just having a good time being there watching the Zags. He wanted to go say hi but made do with just yelling hi from the seats.

We also had the pleasure of meeting Birddog. Hopefully next time we meet it will be with a W. Below are a few pictures my wife took (the ones I took all turned out blurry). Almost all of them are of Pargo since he was the one lighting it up for the Zags. The family pic was taken by some very nice OU fans who normally root for Gonzaga just not that game. I don't have to much to say that wasn't already said here. It was good to see Heytvelt back on the floor but he is going to need some time to get up to speed. he should not have had the ball in his hands for that late shot. Pargo was great but still needs to learn how to finish the half/game. Pendo and Daye were just simply outsized. Many of the OU fans around me commented about halfway through the second half that they were amazed that they were still in it they thought GU would have taken over by then. In the end, even though they lost, I will have to join with my 4 year old son and say it was just fun being there.

Eliezar

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj49/eliezar79/DSC05621.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj49/eliezar79/DSC05644.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj49/eliezar79/DSC05659.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj49/eliezar79/DSC05661.jpg

drnoe
12-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Great pics! Is that a Zags kipa your son is wearing?

eliezar
12-21-2007, 02:51 PM
No but thanks for the idea I will have to make him one. it will go well with the rest of his Gonzaga outfits.

Eliezar

TexasZagFan
12-21-2007, 03:18 PM
No but thanks for the idea I will have to make him one. it will go well with the rest of his Gonzaga outfits.

Eliezar

I apologize for not saying hello...we passed on the concourse after the game.

I'll be watching for you on future road trips.

ZagNative
12-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Even though I was hoping for a win and was disappointed with the outcome of the game last night we still had a good time. I couldn't be to upset when I looked at Ezra and he was still just happy to be at the game. He wanted to go "shoot baskets with Gonzaga" as he made the motion in the air. He didn't understand they lost and was just having a good time being there watching the Zags. He wanted to go say hi but made do with just yelling hi from the seats.
That is so great! Super cute family! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you were there representing.

BobZag
12-21-2007, 03:44 PM
What a handsome family. Kids sure have terrific perspectives. I'm glad y'all had a fun time. That's great.

TexasZagFan
12-21-2007, 04:10 PM
That is so great! Super cute family! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you were there representing.

Absolutely!

A call to the Foo Air Force is being sent...eliezar needs plenty of green rep!

Reborn
12-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks for your post and pics. Great looking family. Pargo looks like he was really up on that jump shot in the key. I love his hops, and tend to believe that he's going to be one of the toughest guards in the country to guard by the end of next year. I feel lucky to be able to watch his growth. Although it was a difficult loss for me (any loss is) being able to keep it all under control and focus on all the pleasure I got out of that game. The biggest of course was seeing such an outstanding game from Pargo. I know that it was probably a pretty tough loss for him to bear because he played so well, yet didn't quite get it done. BUT...better now than later. I remember other teams who got it done early on in the year and couldn't get it done later. I'd take the former.

What was it like there in a hostile arena? I'd really care to know. I was at K2 for the N. Colorado game and just really appreciated the difference between seeing a game live and seeing it on TV. That's why I appreciated your observations. Thanks.

I loved Kuso's play last night. When he knocked that one guy to the floor, I thought it was awesome. The Freshman kid from Oklahoma is a Beast. Could he EVER play. Quite a difference between him and our Freshmen. I also loved it when Josh, and that same kid got all tied up and fell to the floor. And HE got the foul althought Josh hammered him in the face first. That seemed to be a pretty tough game out there, and I was proud of our guys for not backing down...It hurt real bad to be short down in the box. Josh seemed to really be hustling, as I saw him dive for a ball on the floor. I thought that was Cool. It was great for me to see him back, although as you indicated, he was really out of shape and out of sync.

The turning point of the game to me seemed to be when Micah got that gash on his head. A pretty bad cut. I think he came out and just nailed his first 3, (or was it two). I had the feeling that he was going to get real HOT. He just never recovered from that blow. Great thread. Kudos go out to your wife for the pics, and great gear for your kids.