PDA

View Full Version : My new favorite lineup

D Hark 2003
12-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Did anyone else get excited when Heytvelt, Daye, Downs, Gray, and Pargo were all on the floor for the first time this season. I sure was. I cant wait to see what these guys can do at full strength!

sdzag
12-21-2007, 11:20 AM
So many great line ups
Examples:

Tall:
Bouldin
Downs
Daye
Josh
Sacre

Short:
Pargo
Gray
Bouldin
Pendo
Kuso

Three:
Bouldin
Gray
Downs
Pendo or Daye
Josh

Defense:
Pargo
Larry G
Downs
Josh
Daye

There are so many more Line ups, it's good time to be a zag right now. We have a lot of things coming together now and it should be fun.

hockeyzag
12-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Here's a question, what will Josh play more of this year, the 4 or the 5. I know everyone says he is more of a 4, but he wouldn't he be our best 5. What do you guys see him playing???

Personally I'd like to see him down low, at the 5, getting rebounds and pushing their bigs around. I'm still learning about the difference between the two positions by the way. :o

D Hark 2003
12-21-2007, 11:33 AM
I think he will play a lot of both 4 and 5. It depends on who else is in with him. If Kuso, sacre, or foster are in he will be the 4. If those three are on the bench he will definitely be the 5. But he will play a lot of both i think.

ZagNut08
12-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Doesnt matter too much. We can have Josh and Kuso out there. Think to when we had Ronny and Batista in 04-05. We could have one posting up on the blocks and one at the high post. I think we will see josh inside a lot, but if he is roaming on the perimeter I think it serves us best to have another big inside looking for offensive boards.

roxdoc
12-21-2007, 02:38 PM
On offense Josh is naturally a power forward, a 4 or high post, face the basket player. He can, and has, played a low post 5 but appears to be less comfortable and not nearly as effective playing with his back to the basket. Ideally you would have Robert/Will/Kuso play with Josh. I suppose there are some hybrid schemes where you might have two 4's (Josh/Daye) and essentially no "low post" player. Josh will easily have the greatest offensive impact at the high post where he can use his great athleticism to go inside or float out for occassional 3's (a time when you really need another "big" in there for offensive rebounding backup).

ZagManFan
12-21-2007, 03:00 PM
I know we have so many options this year, but I would like to see a strong 7, maybe 8 man rotation. We have used the 7 man rotation well in the past, but all these line-ups can mess with the chemistry of a team.

We now have Gray and Josh back and that only clouds the rotation more. I am hoping that by league we can have this tight-knit group that thinks as one. It just does not appear we are there yet.

ZagNative
12-21-2007, 03:53 PM
FWIW, on the KGA Zags' Coaches show a few days ago, Leon Rice said that Josh has really been starting to assert down low. He mentioned that he's a great perimeter shooter, but that he is starting to understand that he needs to create offense inside.