PDA

View Full Version : What was the preeminent moment of the Game?

FrosTbear
12-18-2007, 07:59 AM
The power coming back on just before the start of the game, No
The polished play of Steven, No
The Great 3 point shooting of Micah, No
The scoring output of Austin, No
The Giant blocking and altering shoots, No
The Defense that recorded eight steals and four blocked shots and controlled the rebounds, No
It was the ability for each player to bring their best when colds, sprains, hyperextended body parts, and no yelling fans should have defeated them but NO, we saw the heart of a champion tonight. Great effort

GUinSTL
12-18-2007, 08:26 AM
good call Frosty -

the most enjoyable moment for me was during a timeout, though. Josh pinched the back of Ira's headband, pulled it back, and then let it go. HA!

oh, and all the guys played pretty well. i'm really impressed with Gray's smoothness out there. Butter!

~B

gozagswoohoo
12-18-2007, 08:38 AM
the most enjoyable moment for me was during a timeout, though. Josh pinched the back of Ira's headband, pulled it back, and then let it go. HA!

I saw that too! haha, thought it was hilarious.

drnoe
12-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Watching Gray get 28 minutes last night was a pleasant surprise. The dude is smooth and poised. Other than a couple of sloppy TOs, he really displayed the maturity and ability of an upperclassman. I also really liked the way he moved without the ball. He offers offensive and defensive punch. All indications are that he has regained his stroke, despite the long lay-off. Looking forward to the OK game!

HillBillyZag
12-18-2007, 09:20 AM
This team is coming together. They seem to be developing an understanding and appreciation of each others talents and a genuine affection for their team mates. The various injuries and suspensions may turn out to be a blessing in disguise by March. Pendo, Jeremy & Micah are becoming an extension of Coach Few on the floor. As talented as the freshman are, I notice when they huddle up, most look at one or more of those three to gage reactions and receive comments. I am also impressed by Will's ability to utilize his size in the paint. His confidence is growing and his offense will improve with his increased minutes. I loved the way Jeremy set him up for the flush, smacked him on the rear, and seemed to revel in Will's enjoyment. When this team is at full strength for a few games and Josh gets his game up to speed , look out, we will be a team no one willwant to play come the "Big Dance".

GUinSTL
12-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Another great comment here.

Seeing Will Foster smile and have some fun... What a treat that was! I sensed that the team that was on the floor with him really wants to see him succeed. All the butt-swats and smiles go a long way for a kid building his confidence. I love to see that big guy altering all shots near the paint, too!

~B

Ziggy
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Pargo's bullet to Pendo under the basket in the second half! Whew!

Reborn
12-18-2007, 11:53 AM
eminent: Nice word frosTbear. intellectually challenged.

The most significant period of time in the game was Micah hitting the 3's. It kind of woke the team up. After that it was Gray coming into the game. He brought a fresh and special energy into the game. When he hit that first shot of his (a 3) the team really lit up for him.

gamagin
12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
from the southwest corner. the very tip of that corner, with NO margin for error.

Nothing but net.

that's what he's capable of anytime. And as soon as he decides he is, well, it could and will drop anytime against anyone.

tyra
12-18-2007, 02:33 PM
All the above mentioned moments were special but Steven swishing a trey on his very first shot as a Zag? What did they say about the future (as well as put us ahead for the first time in the game?). Frankly, I'm going to remember it as long as I remember Junior hitting a dinger his first at bat.